Coming soon – Dedicated Outlook Plugin
- Soon you’ll be able to download a native Outlook plugin to sync emails to PracticePanther even easier.
- You’ll be able to view an email, and instantly have the contact and matter details show up on a new right sidebar of Outlook.
- Instead of going into PracticePanther, you’ll be able to see the contacts phone number, notes, and other details about the Matter too.
- Want to log the email? No problem, click “Log Email” straight from inside Outlook. Easy!
- You will even be able to track billable time for the email all without leaving Outlook.
- If the contact doesn’t exist in PracticePanther, you can add them in on the spot (and it will automatically fill in their email address for you).
- This feature is still being built, so be on the lookout for the release soon!
May 25, 2018
- PracticePanther is committed to your privacy, data protection, and transparency.
- As of May 25, 2018, PracticePanther is fully compliant with the EU’s new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Now you can ensure you and your law firm is compliant as well when working with PracticePanther. You do not need to opt-in to be compliant, as you agree to use our software as a service along with our updated GDPR privacy, data, and cookie policies.
- For more information on how we comply, visit https://practicepanther.com/gdpr
- For any questions, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) from here.
May 07, 2018
Dedicated Gmail Add-On.
- As of today, May 07 2018, you can now download the PracticePanther add-on from the official Gmail add-on store (for free!).
- PracticePanther is only one of 30 add-ons available worldwide as of May 07. It was a very rigorous approval process, and we’re proud to stand near some of the greatest software companies and apps ever created.
- To download the add-on, login to Gmail, click the Settings/Gear icon on the top right, and select “Get add-ons”. Type in PracticePanther to the search box, or just scroll down. Click and install it, and follow the instructions.
- With the dedicated Gmail add-on for PracticePanther, you can now do the following:
- Add new contacts – If a matching contact isn’t found, you can add a new contact to PracticePanther without leaving Gmail.
- Match existing contacts – When viewing an email, the add-on will automatically search for a matching contact in PracticePanther using their email address.
- Log emails – In one click, you can save the email to PracticePanther under the specific contact or matter associated with it.
- Bill for your time – Never lose another billable minute again. Every email should be logged to PracticePanther and billed for accordingly. We recommend billing in 6-minute increments for every email.
- View contact and matter details – Once a matching contact is found, see their contact details, notes, open tasks, and all their matters as well.
- Create tasks – You can now create tasks for your contacts or matters directly from inside Gmail. If you sync your tasks with Google, they will even be synced back to Gmail Tasks.
- Try it today and let us know what you think!
April 20, 2018
Tali integration – Track time with Alexa & Google Home.
- The future has officially arrived! Now you can track billable time using only your voice!!
- Connect your Amazon Alexa, Google Home, or Microsoft Cortana with TellTali, and track your time using simple commands.
- Commands for example are, “Alexa, tell Tali to log 1 hour of time for the Panther Matter.”
- When you connect Tali with PracticePanther, it will know exactly which contact or matter you’re referring to.
- Learn more here, or visit TellTali.com to try it today!
April 12, 2018
Payment Plans for Recurring Billing.
- We’ve been working extremely hard over the last 2 months to bring you 3 major new features (2 more coming soon!).
- Today, we’re proud to release Panther Payment Plans! Now you can automatically save a clients credit card on file (securely through LawPay), and it can automatically charge them the same fixed amount every day, week, month, or more.
- This helps you automate monthly retainer payments, or monthly balances your clients owe you.
- Once you integrate with PantherPayments, powered by LawPay, then you will have access to this powerful feature.
- Click here to learn more about PantherPayments and LawPay.
- Click here to learn more about payment plans.
March 25, 2018
New Zapier Integration with Pre-built Zaps.
- Thanks to the second version of our new API (the KISS API), we now have a newer, better, and more connected integration with Zapier.
- Connect with apps like Google Drive, Todoist, Google Tasks, Ringcentral, Calendly, Trello, Gmail, and thousands more.
- Click here to view the pre-built Zaps.
- Click here to view the tutorials.
February 20, 2018
Easier retainer requests.
- Before, you used to send a new invoice to your client to add more money to their trust account balance as a retainer payment. Now, you can do it even faster.
- When invoicing your client for billable time entries, expenses, or flat fees, you can now add the amount needed to replenish the retainer (based on the set evergreen amount) at the bottom of the invoice.
- Learn more.
February 16, 2018
Drag and drop items on an invoice.
- Instead of clicking the up and down arrows on each row of an invoice, now you can simply drag and drop a time entry, expense, or flat fee anywhere on the invoice to rearrange the order.
February 12, 2018
Update activities from an invoice.
- When you used to generate an invoice, it would add all the billable time entries and expenses to the invoice. When you had to edit a time entry or expense from inside the invoice, it would update the invoice, but not the matching time entry or expense.
- Now you can edit an invoice, which will automatically update the matching records for the billable time entries and expenses. You must click the pencil icon on the left of the invoice to edit the billable entry directly from the invoice. Learn more.
February 05, 2018
KISS API v2 released!
- The new version of our API (v2) is finally released to the public! Click here to learn more.
- Now you can use the new and improved API to link PracticePanther to any software of your choice.
- This includes a full published integration with Zapier to allow you to connect on a deeper level with hundreds of apps worldwide.
- Expect to see many more integrations and partnerships in 2018.
- For API access, please contact us.
January 22, 2018
More UI/UX updates across the software
- When viewing the “Contact” tab inside a Matter, you can now click the pencil icon to edit a contact directly from inside a Matter.
- Rearranged top header menu to include a new dropdown menu for “Automation” which includes Templates, Workflows, and Intake Forms.
- Now you can hide the sidebar by clicking “Hide Sidebar” on the top right, making it more obvious.
- On the main invoices page, there is a new dropdown on the top right for “New” that gives you a dropdown for “Single Invoice” “Multiple Invoices” “Give a Credit” or “Give a Refund”
- Fixed a small issue in the right sidebar where “&” symbols were showing up as “&”
- When you click on “Activities” on the top, you can now click on any of the 4 boxes for All, Completed, Incomplete, or Overdue, to filter the results.
- On the Dashboard, if you click on any of the four colored boxes on top, they will now take you to the corresponding reports. So you can click on the blue “Trust” box, which will show you all the trust account payments. Or, click on the red “Due” box, which will show you all invoices that are due.
- Added the current date to the right of the sidebar underneath the calendar. When you click on it, it will take you to your full calendar to show you the agenda for today.
- Added more filters to the top of the Matters page. Now you can filter all matters based on the Created, Opened, or Closed dates.
January 12, 2018
MANY Updates across the entire software for 2018!
- When creating anything new, and selecting a contact, you can now type in the name of a person, and hit Enter, and it will automatically select an existing contact, or open a dialog to create a new one with the name you typed in.
- On the Dashboard, you can now click on the 4 colored payment boxes on the top, to go directly to their respective reports. For example, clicking on the Billable box will take you to the Matters page and show you all the matters with billable time or expenses that still need to be invoiced.
- On the Dashboard, we’ve added a Quick Create button for “New Call”.
- When you’re viewing a Contact or Matter, we are now hiding any unused fields (like Fax, Office, Address), to clean up the clutter and show you relevant information that has been filled out.
- On the right sidebar, under the Agenda section, we have cleaned up the fonts and made it easier to see the Overdue, Today, and Tomorrow items easier.
- On the Contacts and Matters pages, we’ve added another filter on top for “Created Date”. Now you can see all your contacts created within a certain date range.
- Small UI/UX, color, and font changes throughout the software, making it easier and faster to navigate.
- Updated many tooltips throughout the software, so you can learn what every feature does.
- When adding a New Expense, the bottom now says “Private Notes” to indicate that these will NOT be shown to the client on an invoice.
January 04, 2018
Tag editor now available
- Due to popular demand, we’ve added a tag editor.
- Now you can edit all your contact, matter, and activity tags to rename your tags, or delete them.
- Click your name on the top right of the software, select “Settings”, and then click “Tags” on the left, or just click here.
Features & Updates
How do I submit a feature request?
Click here to send us a request. We always send an email whenever there is a large release with new features. For smaller releases, check back here often for updates.
How do you prioritize requests?
We get around 15 requests a day via phone, email, live chat, and tickets. Every 3 months we review all requests. We look for the most common requests that will benefit the majority of attorneys worldwide.
How often is the software updated?
All the time. Our in-house developers are constantly improving the software behind the scenes – even if it’s not noticeable or published here.
Most major updates are done on weekends. It normally takes 1-3 minutes of downtime for a minor update and 5-10 minutes for a major update. If we need longer, we will always email or notify you in advance of scheduled maintenance.
Are updates done automatically?
Yes! You don’t need to download or install anything on your computer, smartphone, or tablet. Everything is instantly updated in real-time so you can continue working on any device with the latest updates.