July 15, 2017
Easier walk-through flows for new members
- PracticePanther is one of the easiest, most user-friendly, and intuitive programs for lawyers worldwide, and it’s now getting ever easier.
- Our mission and goal is to build the easiest software to help lawyers manage their firms so they can get more done in less time, with less clicks.
- Today, that mission gets taken to a whole new level with our new walk-through flows to help on-board new members to PracticePanther.
- When you login for the very first time, you will see easy tool-tips, guides, and videos to walk you through the software. Easy!
July 08, 2017
- Sync your PracticePanther contacts and tags with Mailchimp.com’s email campaigns.
- Now you can sync your tags in PracticePanther with lists in Mailchimp.
- Automatically send emails from Mailchimp to your new leads, or existing customers.
- Setup automated email campaigns with Mailchimp to send emails every few days and stay “top of mind”.
- Click here to try it now. Keep in mind, if you sync over many contacts, you may increase your billing plan with Mailchimp.
July 01, 2017
Trust account ledger by date
- View your trust account ledger by a certain date range.
- Show only transactions and payments in and out of the trust account, or transfers to the operating account, from a certain date or range.
- Now it’s even easier to reconcile your trust account by dates!
June 15, 2017
Batch billing with filters
- Now you can generate multiple invoices at once with the option of using filters to see which matters you want to bill for.
- You can filter matters by who it’s assigned to, who it was originated by, the status, and even the tags.
- Simply click “New” on top and select “Invoice”. Then select “Multiple Invoices”, and you will now see all the filters.
June 08, 2017
MAJOR accounting update & overhaul
- We’ve spent months revolutionizing the way PracticePanther handles accounting. For everyone who wanted more accounting features, better integration with QuickBooks Online, the ability to print checks, reconcile your accounts, and see more detailed reports, that day has finally arrived! Now you can spend less time on accounting, and more time making money.
- Sync EVERYTHING with QuickBooks Online – We now sync over all Trust and Operating Payments, Expenses, Checks, Invoices, Items, and Contacts to QuickBooks Online. Learn more.
- Multiple operating and trust accounts – Now you can add multiple bank accounts in PracticePanther and link them to the bank accounts in QuickBooks. Learn more.
- Bank account reconciliation reports – Reconcile your operating and trust account with PracticePanther using our new built-in reports to make reconciliation faster and easier. Learn more.
- Manage your trust account in QuickBooks – You can now see your trust account balance by contact and matter inside of QuickBooks Online!
- Reconcile your trust account with QuickBooks – You can now reconcile your trust account in QuickBooks as it will match up the trust payments in PracticePanther with the trust payments from your bank account.
- Get an accurate profit & loss report – You can now run an accurate P&L report in QuickBooks Online that will show you the trust account payments as well.
May 31, 2017
Print checks directly from PracticePanther!
- You can now write and print checks directly from PracticePanther, or send the check to be printed from QuickBooks Online.
- Now it’s easier to pay legal vendors or refund any clients.
- You can order QuickBooks Online approved checks, and print 3 checks per page or 1 per page as a check voucher.
- Learn more.
May 25, 2017
Download multiple invoices in seconds to PDF.
- Now you can select multiple invoices and download all of them in seconds to one zip file.
- Select 50 invoices and download them all in under 10 seconds!
- Go to your Invoices page, check all the invoices on the left (or select all), click the settings icon, and click Download. Easy!
May 17, 2017
Hide the rate, hours, quantity, and prices on the invoice.
- Now you can hide the rate column and hours column for all time entries on your invoices.
- You can also hide the quantity and price columns for expenses and other items.
- You can also show payment notes on the invoice, to show your client any transfers from the trust account to pay the invoice.
- When you create the invoice, you will still see the columns there, however when the clients views the invoice, they will not see it.
- Click here to go to your Invoice Settings, then click “Show More Options” at the bottom, and scroll down to “Time Entries” and you can click on “SHOW HOURS COLUMN?” and “SHOW RATE COLUMN?”. You can then scroll down to “Expenses” and do the same.
May 10, 2017
Update to the originating attorney report.
- The originating attorney report will first apply payments on all expenses, and only then on time entries, then it will be used to help calculate the total amount received per attorney.
- Click here to try it now.
May 04, 2017
- New feature: Carry forward balance for all invoices for the contact or matter – Now you can carry forward an invoice balance for all invoices for a certain contact, or all invoices for a certain matter. Summarize all invoices into one for each contact or matter to make it easier for your clients to see the total balance across all invoices.
- Update: Activities full text search – Now you can use the search bar on the top left of the software to search through all the text in any activity including a task’s description, event description, emails, call logs, notes, and more. Search through the entire software in a matter of seconds for a full conflict search.
- Update: Mailsync plain text – Now, your emails that get synced to PracticePanther will be in plain text so you can search through them even faster.
- Update: Show 3 initials on the invoice instead of 2 – When viewing an invoice, the column showing who billed for the time entry or expense will now include all initials of the person’s name, including middle name.
April 15, 2017
Add an address when adding a new person that joins your firm.
- When someone new joins your firm and you add them into PracticePanther as a new user, you can now add their home/mailing address in as well.
- Thank you to everyone who requested this minor update.
- Click here to add a new person to your firm.
April 07, 2017
Show total time billed by each person on invoices.
- Increase your firm’s transparency to your clients with time summaries on your invoices for each billing attorney or paralegal.
- Cleanly displays total hours spent for each person who worked on the case.
- Click here, click “Show More Options”, and select the box “Show summary by user?”
March 26, 2017
Add interest to invoices.
- Now you can add interest to invoices.
- First, set the invoice due date. Then, at the bottom of the invoice select “Add Interest”.
- You will have a few options to add interest: You can add a single interest or compound interest. Single interest will just be on the original invoice amount. Compound interest will keep adding interest on top of the interest added from previous unpaid months.
- You can add the APR (annual percentage rate) and define how often the interest should be added to the invoice (i.e. every 30 days).
- Create a new invoice now to try it!
March 24, 2017
Create time entries directly from any activity.
- When adding or editing an activity (call log, note, task, event), you can now click on “Save and add time entry” to automatically add a time entry with the contact, matter, and description already filled out.
- If adding a call log, the duration will also be added.
- Now you can save an additional click and typing to work faster and get more done in less time!
March 21, 2017
Link relationships to individual contacts
- When using Relationships to link a matter to an account, you only had the option to link it to the overall Company.
- If there were more than 1 contact in the account, you would only link it to the account.
- Now, you have the option of linking matters to individual contacts inside each account/company.
- Go into any Matter, click on the Relationships tab, and add a new relationship to try it now.
March 17, 2017
Ability to strike-through text when writing notes
- For those who wish to create lists inside a Note, Task, or Event, you can now cross off these items by applying the strike-through text effect.
- In the standard image editor, select the strike-through effect which will look like this example below:
Here is an example of text being striked off.
March 13, 2017
Search through tens of thousands of contacts & matters instantly
- Even though it only takes around 10 seconds to search through 20,000 contacts or matters, it will now take 1-3 seconds, a 300% improvement!
- Have less than 5,000 contacts? It should be instant!
- Now you can work even faster and get more done in less time.
March 09, 2017
See your events on the sidebar mini calendar
- On the right sidebar, you see a mini calendar.
- It will now show blue circles underneath the dates that have events scheduled on.
- Now you can quickly see what dates you have scheduled, without having to go into your calendar, saving you even more time!
March 03, 2017
Calendar conflict checks
- When adding an event, it will show you if there are any events currently scheduled for the same date and time.
- It will search through ALL the assigned people to the event to search for conflicts across all of their calendars instantly.
- You can then click on the links to open the events in a new tab to see what they are and if they need to be rescheduled.
- Go to your Calendar now and add a new event to try it!
February 28, 2017
Faster way to get support and share screens
- In the past, we’ve asked you to share your screen when needing more advanced support or troubleshooting.
- Now, you can grant us technician access into your account AND share your screen instantly to show us what the issue or question is.
- Click here to try it out now and click “Share Screen” to test it out. You can always go to your right sidebar to see it’s recording your screen for the next 15 minutes, and then turn it off anytime.
February 23, 2017
Import thousands of contacts or matters faster
- For everyone switching over to PracticePanther from other programs, or even just starting fresh, you can now import tens of thousands of contacts and matters 250x faster than previously.
- Instead of waiting overnight to see the results, you will start seeing the contacts and matters getting imported within the hour.
February 20, 2017
New support system installed for better, faster support
- Instead of sending us a ticket, and waiting for an email response, and going back and forth by email for days, you can now send us a message, and we will respond directly back into a chat box in PracticePanther.
- Now, your questions can get solved up to 3x faster, as most questions are now handled within 1 day, instead of the average 3 days.
- When we respond, you will get an email or a message in PracticePanther so you can respond right away and we can start having a live chat conversation. Nice!
February 18, 2017
Import contacts, matters, events, expenses, notes, tasks, and time entries yourself!
- Now you can import almost everything from your previous software into PracticePanther all by yourself!
- The import wizard has been updated to include the ability to handle contacts, matters, events, expenses, notes, tasks, and time entries.
- Simply go to the import page, click “Excel” and we will give you the excel spreadsheets in the correct formatting to import in.
- If you need any help, please email or contact us anytime.
February 16, 2017
Easier way to view Contact details inside a Matter
- You’ve spoken, and we’ve listened. You wanted an easier way to see the Contact information about a specific Matter instead of having to open up a new tab for the Contact.
- Now, we’ve added another tab inside the Matter page called “Contacts” which will show you all the information about the contact.
- Thank you for the feedback, and keep it coming!
February 15, 2017
New feature: Tags for Activities!
- You’re already used to tagging your contacts and matters, now you can tag your activities too!
- When you create a new task or event, you can now group them into tags or lists so they are easily searchable and neatly organized into categories.
- To see all the tags and sort by tags, simply click the main “Activities” page on top, and you will see all your tags on top.
- Click on a tag to show only Activities with that tag, and you can even click on multiple tags at once to break it down even further.
February 13, 2017
Increased password security & limited number of tries
- To increase the overall security of PracticePanther, we are now requiring all customers to have a minimum of 6 characters in their password. This will make it increasingly harder for anyone to simply guess your password.
- We are now limiting all password attempts to a maximum of 6 tries within 15 minutes.
- If anyone tries to guess your password, or use sophisticated tools to crack your password, they will be locked out after attempting only 6 passwords within a 15 minute window.
February 10, 2017
New mobile apps for 2017!
- With our new app design, comes a new mobile design!
- The iPhone, iPad, and Android apps have all been updated with the latest design so you can work even faster.
- No need to re-download any apps, just refresh the app and you will see everything brand new as of today.
February 05, 2017
New Design and Interface for 2017!
- We’re excited to announce the beautiful re-design of PracticePanther coming!
- The colors are simplified, and the pages are easier to navigate. All features and functionality are the same, just easier to use!
- New header menu – We’ve freed up more space by replacing the left sidebar with a top header menu. Enjoy more room to focus on the important details of your firm
- New “Trust” and “Paid” boxes – Instead of 1 box showing how much money was paid per contact or matter, there are now 2 boxes showing the total paid to your operating and trust accounts.
- We’ve moved our Action and New buttons to the top right of each page.
- We added another default column to show your Trust and Operating balances for each matter. If the operating balance is negative, your client owes you money from invoices.
- Time Entries – The colored status labels make it easier to see which time entries still have not been billed for, and which invoices other time entries were already billed on.
- Learn more here: https://www.practicepanther.com/new-design-interface-2017/
February 03, 2017
Invoice rounding to match QuickBooks Online
- We’ve matched the exact same formula QuickBooks Online uses for rounding decimal points.
- Now your accounting and reconciliation reports will be exactly the same as QuickBooks Online, down to the penny.
January 28, 2017
Added date range filter for Activities
- Now you can go into any contact or matter, click on the Activities tab, and only show the activities by a certain date range.
- This is useful if you need to show your client or a judge all the activities by a certain date range.
- You will also have the ability to export or print all the activities for any customer time period.
January 23, 2017
Updated batch operations to handle more rows
- Now you can select more than 50 rows for batch processing.
- For example, you can select 100 rows to delete, or 100 invoices to mark as sent, send to the customer, print, download, or delete.
- Get more done faster!
January 17, 2017
New PantherPayments integration with LawPay
- When you sign up to PracticePanther, you can easily sign up for PantherPayments without having to leave the software.
- Now you can process credit cards even easier and get approved faster.
- Once your application is approved, your PracticePanther account will automatically be enabled and connected to LawPay to start accepting credit cards right away.
- Click here to learn more, or click here to try it completely free.
January 08, 2017
Generate and save invoices to PDFs 3x as fast!
- When you create an invoice, we will automatically generate the PDF for you.
- When it’s time to download the PDF, it will download instantly as it’s already been generated and saved.
- Instead of taking 10 seconds to generate and download a PDF, it now happens in under 2 seconds!
December 27, 2016
Updated originating attorney report
- Updated the originated attorney report to break down if the fees were collected on a matter originated by the user or not
- Now it’s even easier to pay your attorneys or of-counsel based on the actual fees that were collected from your clients.
- Try the report now.
December 16, 2016
Major speed overhaul with 60% faster load times!
- Major breakthrough in the speed and performance of our app!
- All pages now load up to 60% faster.
- We reduced the need to load the entire page and all data each time a new page is loaded, cutting down the load time and data used dramatically.
- Jump between pages in an instant. Save the amount of time waiting for pages to load so you can work faster, save time, and make more money.
December 12, 2016
Updated iPhone and Android mobile apps
- Apps now load each page up to 60% faster!
- Reduced the need to load the entire page and all data each time a new page is loaded, cutting down the load time and data used dramatically.
- Now you can quickly browse through the app faster than ever before.
- Added new and improved mini calendar to quickly select a date in the past or future to jump to saving time loading future months.
December 07, 2016
Improved calendar with new mini calendar to jump dates
- When you load the calendar, there is a new mini calendar on the left which allows you to select any date in the past or future to quickly jump between dates.
- Similar to Google Calendar, you can now instantly load any date you want without having to wait for each month to load.
- You can also minimize the mini calendar and the software will remember it’s preference the next time.
December 02, 2016
Transfer trust funds between contacts and matters
- Before you could only transfer money from your trust to operating account related to the matter.
- Now you can also transfer money between other matters in the same contact, as well as transfer money from the overall trust balance of the contact to the trust balance from each matter in the account.
- You can also pay invoices from the overall trust account balance of the contact (instead of the individual matter).
November 25, 2016
View the status of your sync and integrations
- Anytime PracticePanther syncs your emails, contacts, calendar, and tasks, you will now be able to see a full detailed log of the sync to see the status anytime.
- You can also check the status of any integrations that are trying to sync with PracticePanther.
- If there are any issues with any of the syncs or integrations, you will now be able to pinpoint what it got stuck on, and how to proceed.
- Contact our support team for more info on how to access your logs and status.
November 20, 2016
Recover secure messages from the recycle bin
- When you delete a secure message that you send to your client through the client portal, you can recover it for 30 days from your recycle bin.
- Click here to access your recycle bin.
November 16, 2016
Change the primary account owner
- Many times, your paralegal or someone else may have been the first person to create your PracticePanther account. This person is automatically the primary account owner in PracticePanther.
- Now, you can change ownership and become the new account owner by going into their account, clicking on their name on the top right, clicking on settings, and then “Company Logo & Info”, or just click here. In the middle of the page, click the edit icon on the right to change the Account Owner.
- Once the account owner is changed, only the new account owner can change it to someone else.
November 12, 2016
Sync your contacts to Office 365 & Exchange
- Sync all your contacts in PracticePanther to Office 365 & Microsoft Exchange
- Using the one-way sync, all of your contact names, phone numbers, email addresses, and notes will sync over.
- It will also include the MailSync BCC addresses so you can send an email and BCC the contact or matter’s MailSync address to link it to the contact or matter.
- Learn how to sync your contacts to Office 365 & Exchange
November 07, 2016
Sync your contacts to Gmail
- Sync all your contacts in PracticePanther to Gmail
- Using the one-way sync, all of your contact names, phone numbers, email addresses, and notes will sync over to your Gmail account.
- Now you can access your PracticePanther contacts from within Gmail or directly from your cell phone if you sync your Google contacts to your cell phone.
- Android owners can automatically sync Google contacts to their cell phone.
- iPhone owners can download the “A2Z Contact Sync” app to automatically sync Google contacts to their phone.
- Learn how to sync your contacts to Gmail now.
November 03, 2016
Send emails to clients or related contacts
- Now you can go into any Contact or Matter, click “Activities” and click the new “Email” button.
- Then you can select as many contacts or related contacts and click “Email” to automatically open your default email provider on your computer (for example Outlook or Gmail) and send an email.
- The email will automatically BCC PracticePanther so the email will also be attached to the Contact or Matter you started from.
October 31, 2016
Print multiple invoices from one PDF
- Go to your Invoices page on the left, select as many invoices as you like, click the Settings icon, and click “Print”.
- This will create one PDF file with all your invoices perfectly formatted to print.
October 29, 2016
Export multiple invoices to a zip file
- Go to your Invoices page on the left, select as many invoices as you like, click the Settings icon, and click “Download”.
- This will download a Zip file containing PDFs of all the invoices.
October 26, 2016
Send multiple invoices in 1 click
- Create a batch list of invoices in 1 click, and then send them to all your customers in 1 click too!
- Go to your Invoices page on the left, select as many invoices as you like, click the Settings icon, and click “Send”
- If your customers have an email address on file, it will email them their invoices right away
October 19, 2016
New Calendar Agenda View
- Keep track of future events or tasks
- See full list of upcoming events by day, week, month, or year.
- Fully pintable for multiple copies
- Go to your calendar to try it now
October 14, 2016
- 6 new languages: Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, Dutch & German
- Language and currency auto-detection once user logs in
- The welcome email and welcome wizard will display preferred language and currency
- Click here to switch your language now
October 02, 2016
Recent Activity Filter
- PracticePanther gives you automatic notifications about important alerts like an invoice read by a client, or a payment made by a client.
- Now you can filter all these alerts to ONLY show the automatic alerts or messages that people in your firm are sending.
- Makes it easier to see either automatic notifications or messages posted by people in your firm.
- Keep track of system notifications
- Keep track of messages posted by other users
- Go to the bottom of your dashboard or any contact or mater and click the new “Filter” button on the top right of your Activity section.
September 23, 2016
- Select which alerts to keep and which ones to disregard so you stay focused at all times.
- Stay on top of time-sensitive items without being distracted by less important tasks.
- Enjoy a personalized user experience that caters to your practice and everyday needs
- Click the world icon on the top of your screen and then select “Manage Notifications” on the bottom.
September 15, 2016
- Add multiple expenses with cash amount, date, and description
- Link user or users to this particular expense
- Select its respective matter
- File expense under a category
- Specify billing party and whether or not it is billable
September 08, 2016
New Email Integration: MailSync!
Due to popular demand, we made it even easier and faster to sync your emails.
- No more need to sift through hundreds of labels to find the email you want to sync. No setup, it works instantly.
- You now get an assigned and unique email address for every contact and matter in PracticePanther.
- Simply BCC that email address and it will automatically go into the contact or matter in PracticePanther for you. Magic!
- NEW – Emails that are BCCed to PracticePanther using MailSync will also include attachments! So you can now download all of your email attachments and have another place to back them up, directly to PracticePanther.
- Clicking on an email address in PracticePanther will automatically open up your email program on your computer (Gmail, Outlook, etc…) and compose an email with their email and the BCC address for you automatically.
- You can also go to any contact or matter, go to the activities tab, click the MailSync button, and click the vCard button to add the vCard with their information directly to Outlook or the email program of your choice.
- Instead of waiting hours for your emails to appear in PracticePanther, MailSync shows them within minutes!
- Click here to try it now.
August 26, 2016
Matter Open & Closed Dates
- Now you can create a new matter and select the open date and closed date of when everything was completed.
- If you have a similar matter in the future, you can look back and see how long a typical matter like this takes to close or settle, letting you know how to charge accordingly.
- Create or edit a matter and you will see the two new options for “Open Date” and “Closed Date”.
- Click here to try it now.
August 22, 2016
Sales tax reports by cash or accrual basis
- For US and international law firms, you can now generate a report showing all the sales tax collected over any period of time.
- You can also select your report by cash basis or accrual basis depending on your accounting.
- Now you can send and report the correct amount of sales tax in just 1 click!
- Click here to try it now.
August 19, 2016
New contact custom fields
- Now you can link existing contacts to any Contact or Matter using custom fields.
- For example, link opposing counsel or a judge to the contact instead of using relationships so you can now use their information on document templates.
- Click here to add the new custom field. For the “type”, select “Contact”
August 15, 2016
Export all custom fields
- Export all custom fields in the software that have been added for every contact or matter.
- By exporting all the details, you can import them back into the software for batch updates.
- Simply click the “Choose Columns” button on the top right of the software to select your custom fields and then click the Excel or PDF icon on the top right to export all information and custom fields.
August 12, 2016
Daily agenda on mobile app
- Now you can view your daily agenda directly from the PracticePanther mobile app on your phone.
- Access your daily events and tasks from your iPhone or Android directly from the Dashboard home screen instead of going to the Calendar or Tasks page, saving you an extra click.
- Click here to download the iPhone app or here for the Android app.
August 09, 2016
Sort contacts and matters by last name
- Now you can sort your contacts and matters by Last Name with even more options.
- Click here to try it now.
August 01, 2016
Export reports to PDF
- Besides exporting reports to excel, you can now export any report to PDF too!
- Simply go to any report and click the PDF icon on the top right of any table of data.
- You can also click on any page on the left sidebar (like Contacts, Matters, Invoices) and export all the data to PDF.
- PDFs will automatically resize to fit your data to print perfectly.
July 27, 2016
Recover deleted items with the recycle bin
- Recover and restore deleted information from PracticePanther within the last 30 days from the deletion date.
- You can also search for any file by name to find it faster.
- Added the option to empty the recycle bin to permanently delete the information.
- Click here to try it out.
July 22, 2016
New accounting reports with trust & operating account ledgers
- We’ve completely revamped all reports to look better, load faster, and export to excel and PDF!
- Over 10 new reports to help reconcile your trust and operating accounts.
- See contacts or matters by last action or activity. Contacts or matters by last invoice date. Expenses by status. And tons of new payment reports!
- Click here to see them!
July 15, 2016
Batch Time Entries
- Now you and your paralegal can save time and work even faster with batch time entries!
- Add multiple entries from the same page in one shot.
- Add time entries for different clients, matters, users, and hourly rates all from the same screen.
- Click here to try it out.
July 08, 2016
Filter tasks, events, and matter due dates in your calendar
- Go into your Calendar and now you will see 3 filters on top to only show your tasks, events, or matter due dates.
- When you jump between different dates, the filter stays with you.
- The filter saves for the next time you come back to the calendar.
June 28, 2016
- Save time inputting your clients information with the new intake forms!
- Send a form for your client to fill out, and watch as it automatically creates a new contact in PracticePanther.
- Add a contact form to your website, and have all new leads go directly into PracticePanther.
- Take everyone’s information in PracticePanther and generate documents in one click.
- Click here to create your first intake form template.
June 12, 2016
Automatic Invoice Payment Reminders
- Get paid faster. Stop chasing customers and automate your collections.
Now you can automate the collection process by sending out multiple payment reminders to your clients automatically.
For example, send a reminder 1 week before the invoice is due, 1 day before the invoice is due, 1 day AFTER the invoice is past due, 7 days after etc….
You can create an unlimited number of reminders. Each reminder will include a link to the invoice where customers can make an online payment.
- Click here to setup automated payment reminders.
June 03, 2016
- For those Dropbox lovers, you can now integrate your Dropbox account with PracticePanther by clicking here.
- You can use the free personal version of Dropbox, or the business version.
- No need for every user to login. Connect your Dropbox account to PracticePanther, and every person in your firm can share files instantly.
- When you update a file in PracticePanther, it will automatically sync and update with Dropbox online and on your computer, and all your teams computers as well.
May 31, 2016
Originating attorney revenue report
- Pay attorneys by commission or billable hours? How do you know which billed time entries ended up getting paid? What if you gave a discount on the time entry or invoice? Do you give a discount on the salary?
- Now you can use the originating attorney report to see all the time entries and expenses that were billed AND were paid. It even calculates taxes and discounts given.
- Simply click on “More” on the bottom left sidebar, select “Reports, then “Payments”, then “Originating attorney revenue”.
May 26, 2016
Instant loading of “New” popups
- Anytime you add anything new, for example a new task or new event or new time entry, it will now open instantly instead of taking 2 seconds to load, saving you even more time and helping you work even faster!
May 24, 2016
Various updates from support forum feature requests
- You spoke, and we listened. Thank you to everyone who continues to submit feature requests to help you work faster.
- If you set your task priorities to Low or High, you will see a down arrow (for low) and an exclamation point (for high) when viewing your tasks from the task list or sidebar.
- When using document templates, you can upload .docx files and we prevented other file types from being used to prevent errors.
- Non-text custom fields are now searchable from the top left search box.
- Internal notes in the feed are now searchable from the top left search box for improved conflict check.
May 22, 2016
Added Box.com files tab to the client portal
- Now your clients can login to their Box.com account directly from their client portal to see all the files you shared with them.
- Right click on any file or folder in Box.com, and share it with your client. When they login to their client portal, they will see the files or folders shared with them.
May 20, 2016
Disable emails or files from syncing for certain contacts
- Due to popular demand, many of you wanted to only see the contacts in your email inbox labels that were clients. Now you can!
- The same applies for showing only contacts you want have folders with your Box.com document management integration.
- Simply edit the contact, and at the bottom click on “Sync Settings”.
May 18, 2016
Hide financial summary boxes from employees
- Hide the big green, red, and orange boxes on the dashboard that shows the financial summary of how much money was paid, is owed, and is billable.
- Hide the total payments received on the Payments page.
- Edit or create a user security role from here, and check the box to “Hide financial summary”.
May 16, 2016
Group custom fields by matter type
- Do you work with tons of custom fields that pertain only to certain matters? Do you only want to see the custom fields for a certain case?
- Now you can group your custom fields by matter type to show only the group that relates to the matter.
- For example, you can show only the Family Law custom fields when working on a Family Law matter.
- To access this new setting, go to your Settings, select Custom Fields, and it will appear on the top tab called “Groups”.
May 14, 2016
Default payment due dates.
- When generating invoices, you used to have to change the default due date each time. Now you’re getting more flexibility with 2 new default options!
- Option 1 – Automatically set the default due date to any number of days after the invoice was created.
- Option 2 – Set the due date on a certain day of this or next month (so all invoices can be due on the 1st or 30th of this or next month for example)
May 12, 2016
Improved batch invoicing.
- When using batch invoicing to create multiple invoices in 1 click for multiple clients, you will now have the option to automatically send all invoices to all your customers by email.
- You will also have the option to print all invoices in 1 click, saving you time from printing each individual invoice if you want to proof-read or mail them out.
- To access these new settings, simply create a new batch invoice, and it will be on the last step of the batch invoice wizard.
May 07, 2016
Round time entries by 6 or 10 minute increments.
- Now you can round time entries to the nearest fraction of the hour.
- For example, round up to the nearest 0.1 fraction of the hour, and all your time entries will be rounded up by 6 minute increments. Need to bill for 3 minutes? It can automatically round up to 6 minutes to keep your billing coherent across your entire company.
- Go to your Settings and it will be on the bottom of the first page under your Personal Settings below your Hourly Rate.
May 01, 2016
Edit your default invoice settings.
- Each time you create a new invoice, you can choose to accept an online payment for this invoice, accept a full or partial payment, and many more options.
- Now, you can go to your Settings page and click on Invoice Settings to set the defaults for each time you create a new invoice, saving you time creating each new invoice.
April 28, 2016
New improved icons throughout the software.
- Instantly recognize which page you’re on with our new and improved icons.
- New icons make it easier to find what you’re looking for without having to read the help text underneath.
April 24, 2016
New sidebar on the right of every page.
- We wanted to make it easier and faster to access the most important information you use every day.
- Now you have instant access to your calendar, daily agenda, upcoming tasks and events, and your timer to log new time entries.
- We’ve also added the ability to see any recent contacts or matters you’ve been working on, so you can pull them up right away without having to search.
- Expand or collapse the sidebar and it will remember your preference when you go to another page.
April 22, 2016
PracticePanther launches full design update for working faster.
- We’ve completely overhauled the entire design of the software to make it even easier to get your work done even faster. We hired expert UI/UX designers to help us make sure the software has the same look and feel, but with a much easier and more intuitive design.
- See the most important information on the top of every New screen.
- Major usability improvements across every page designed to pop out the most obvious buttons.
April 17, 2016
Faster access to your most important action buttons.
- When you’re inside of any contact or matter, you can now click on any tab and will have the “New” buttons on the top left of every tab.
- Enjoy faster access to your most important actions you use every day, like creating new time entries, expenses, invoices, payments, and more.
April 09, 2016
Import contacts, companies, matters, and more!
- New and improved import wizard has been launched. Now everyone can switch over from their existing software with ease.
- Now you can import custom fields, multiple contacts per company, matter names and multiple matters per client, previous balances, trust and operating account balances, and much more.
- Ability to import large files and have it send you an email when finished.
April 03, 2016
Design your own invoice theme with custom CSS!
- Choose from our 6 beautiful invoice templates or design your own!
- Go to your settings and edit the invoice settings. Click “More Options” and scroll to the bottom. You will now see a box for custom CSS where you can fully customize the look of your invoice. Customize the font, font sizes, colors, and much more.
March 27, 2016
Added flat fees to invoices. Summarize fees, time, and expenses on invoices.
- Instead of only having a table for Time Entries and Expenses, you now have a table for Flat Fees as well.
- Added the ability to show your clients a summary of all time entries, all expenses, and all flat fees as a summary on the bottom of the invoice.
March 22, 2016
New improved tutorials.
- When first signing up to the software, you can view every feature to learn everything PracticePanther has to offer. Use some of them, or all of them!
- Have a question? Check out our updated support forum with detailed screenshots and sometimes even quick 30 second videos.
March 16, 2016
Faster navigation to any new action.
- We dramatically increased the speed to creating anything new like a new client, matter, time entry, expense, invoice, or anything else.
- Instead of re-loading every page, every new action will now load in an instant frame, significantly speeding up the time to add new data.
March 10, 2016
Nicer invoices in PDF format.
- When you export a PDF to an invoice, it will now show the column headers again on the top of the second page when printing and exporting as a PDF.
- Fixed minor issues with text getting cut off and formatting issues with some invoice templates.
- PDFs now download up to 60% faster.
March 03, 2016
A new way to keep track of notes.
- Instead of using the internal notes section at the bottom of any contact or matter, you can now add a new note which will show up in it’s own tab for any contact or matter.
- Notes can be as long as you want.
February 28, 2016
Emoticons, clickable links, and faster tags.
- Send emoticons in the internal chat. Added support to make all links clickable in the internal chat between you and your team.
- When creating a new contact or matter, you can now add tags/lists before clicking Save, speeding up the process and saving you an extra step.
February 25, 2016
Updated user interface for iPhone and Android app.
- A much cleaner look when viewing all grids and tables of data on the iPhone or iPad app.
- Upgraded and cleaner design when viewing a Contact or Matter (the tabs now form in a row straight own instead of left and right).
February 24, 2016
Upgraded security for multiple users on same account.
- Added a new security measure to prevent unauthorized access to your account and protect your data. If another computer logs into the same account, the original computer will get logged out (so you know someone else is using your account).
- Many attorneys shared their account with their paralegals, causing a lot of data issues. If they were editing the same contact or matter, and the attorney made a change, but then the paralegal made a change after, only the paralegals change would be saved. To prevent this from happening, and as a cyber-security best practice, only one computer can be logged into one account.
February 22, 2016
Add one payment that applies to multiple invoices.
- When making a new payment, simply select the contact, then you can either add a retainer or pay an invoice.
- If you add a retainer to the trust or operating account, it will add it to the Contact page (not the matter page).
February 20, 2016
Bill multiple matters on one invoice..
- When generating an invoice for the same client, it will ask you which matters you want to create an invoice for.
- Select as many matters for the same client and generate one invoice in one click. Easy!
- If you add a retainer, it will deposit funds to the trust / operating account on the contact level which can be used to pay any invoice on any matter. The amount paid and balances will be reflected on the contact page and not on the matter page.
February 14, 2016
Secure messaging update.
- Re-designed secure messaging interface to make it easier for clients to view the history of your conversation with them.
- Made the messages full-width to read more on the screen.
- Added HTML support to include text formatting like bold, underline, bullet points, etc…
February 12, 2016
Custom matter rates by user or role.
- When creating new matters, you can now create a custom hourly rate for each user for this specific matter.
- For example, if the senior partner normally charges $500/hour and the paralegal charges $150/hour, you can lower or raise their rates JUST for this 1 matter.
- Create custom matter rates by security role. This will allow you to group multiple users into one security role and change their hourly rates together for this 1 matter. For example, if all your paralegals are under the same security role, you can increase or decrease all of their rates for this 1 matter..
February 07, 2016
Improved conflict search.
- Use the updated search bar on the top left of the software to search through the software.
- Search through your contacts, matters, custom fields, internal notes, tasks, events, emails, and much more.
- Just enter the search keyword and hit Enter.
February 03, 2016
Rearrange, search, and export custom fields.
- Rearrange the order of your custom fields by dragging and dropping them in the custom fields settings page.
- Search through all of your custom fields by using the search bar on the top left for improved conflict search.
- See all custom fields in your main Contacts or Matters pages by clicking “Columns” and selecting them.
- Export all custom field data by clicking the “Export” button on the top right of the Contacts or Matters pages.
January 30, 2016
Accept credit card payments with LawPay.
- Integrate with LawPay to accept secure credit card payments from your customers.
- Send an invoice to your clients for a retainer payment into either your trust or operating account.
- Comply with the ABA rules to ensure your trust account payment fees only get taken out from your operating account.
- Add a button to your website for clients to pay you directly.
- Use your existing LawPay account or contact us to get a new one that is directly synced with PracticePanther.
January 21, 2016
Updated invoice templates.
- Updated all 6 invoice templates.
- Invoice templates look better on smaller screens, when your clients view them from mobile devices like phones or tablets.
- Combined the Item Name and Item Description into the same column to make longer descriptions more readable.
- Added the trust and operating account balances to the bottom of the invoice for your clients to get an updated real-time statement.
January 16, 2016
New user profile page.
- View any co-worker in your company and see an enhanced view of their profile.
- See the last time your co-worker logged into the software and was active.
- See if your co-worker is online right now.
- Send co-workers secure messages.
- See co-workers daily and weekly agenda.
- See all messages a co-worker wrote for every contact and matter.
- See all the contacts your co-worker added or is assigned to.
- See all the matters your co-worker added or is assigned to.
- See all the time entries your co-worker created.
January 09, 2016
New, cleaner, & easier design. Faster dashboard.
- Upgraded the entire software for a more modern look for 2016.
- Cleaned up certain pages to make them more user-friendly.
- Add the agenda to the dashboard.
- Add a snapshot of your hours billed today and this week to the dashboard.
- Added “Quick Create” buttons to the dashboard.
- Cut the load time of the dashboard by more than 50%.
- Added the option to choose columns on each page.
December 31, 2015
Upgraded client portal with tasks, events, invoices, & more!
- Massive overhaul and upgrade of the client portal.
- Now you will be able to assign tasks and events to your clients.
- Your clients can login to the secured client portal and view all upcoming meetings and their personal to-do list.
- Your clients can view all invoices, payments, and their real-time balance in their trust and operating account.
- Securely encrypt and send messages to communicate with your clients instead of using email.
- White label portal where the clients will login with your special URL and see your logo and brand colors.
- White label login for the users in your firm with your logo and colors.
December 24, 2015
Send reminders by email or text message to your users or clients.
- Create up to 5 reminders for your users OR clients for tasks or events.
- Remind them by either an email OR text message alert!
- Send up to 100 text messages per month. Contact us if you need more.
November 22, 2015
Task and event reminders with desktop notifications for Mac & PC.
- Add up to 5 reminders for every task or event.
- Assign a task or event to yourself or another user, and add up to 5 reminders for them.
- A reminder can be a popup on your screen, or an email.
- Set the reminder any number of days, hours, or minutes from the event or task.
- Get desktop notifications of any important alerts, reminders, and notifications on any browser and on your Mac or PC.
- You don’t need to be on the PracticePanther tab to get notifications, you can be checking your email or browsing other sites and still receive the notifications, as long as you have PracticePanther open on 1 tab.
November 17, 2015
iPhone App released.
- Version 1 of our iPhone app has been released to the Apple App store.
- Get full access to the entire software from your iPhone.
- Track time from your phone and continue from your computer.
- Click here to download the iPhone app from your phone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/practicepanther-legal-software/id1057324775
November 15, 2015
- Receive notifications about important activities happening in your law firm.
- Get real-time alerts when someone completes a task you assigned to them, someone adds a message to the feed, and much more.
- Instantly know when you received a payment or a client viewed an invoice.
- Follow contacts, users, and matters to get notified anytime something changes. For example, see when a user does any activity. See every alert for a contact or matter you follow.
November 11, 2015
Android App released.
- Version 1 of our Android app has been released to the Google Play store.
- Get full access to the entire software from your Android.
- Track time from your phone and continue from your computer.
- Click here to download the Android app from your phone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.panthersoftware.practicepanther
November 09, 2015
Enhanced payment and balance details.
- On your Dashboard, hover over the 3 payment boxes at the top to see additional payment metrics to answer every question you want to know about your firm.
- Hover over the payment boxes at the top of each contact and matter to see the same details.
- Quickly see how much has been paid to your operating and trust account and what the balance is for each client.
- See how much was earned after paying off each invoice.
- See if your evergreen retainer has an alert and needs to be replenished.
- The new payment boxes will give you greater details and analytics on what’s happening with each contact and matter as well as your overall picture.
November 06, 2015
UTBMS Coding & LEDES Billing
- Add the UTBMS task codes to your invoices according to the ABA standards.
- Now that you have the proper codes, you can create a LEDES 1998B formatted invoice if needed.
November 03, 2015
Daily agenda email with a list of all tasks & events for today.
- Wake up at 6 AM to your personalized daily agenda. Receive an email with a list of all tasks and events due today.
- Complete the tasks straight from your email inbox.
- See all overdue tasks.
November 01, 2015
Don’t forget to bill for another activity again.
- See which activities have not been billed for such as a task, phone call, event, or email.
- If you have not tracked time for any activity, you can see which activities have not been billed in the table of every page.
- Feature helps you potentially find thousands of dollars of activities that went un-billed.
October 30, 2015
Time tracking widget.
- Track time using the built-in widget at the top of every screen.
- Start the timer, pause it, or log the time entry for the client and matter you’re working on.
- Timer continues running even if you close all windows.
- Track time from your computer and automatically continue from your phone.
- Timer is visible at the top of every window you’re working on and updates in real-time across all windows.
October 29, 2015
Evergreen retainer alerts.
- Create an Evergreen alert when your client is running out of money in their trust account from their original retainer payment.
- When the balance is running low, get alerted so you stop working and collect another retainer payment.
- The Evergreen amount is set when creating or editing a new matter.
October 28, 2015
Live internal chat to communicate with your team.
- Added a live chat to communicate with each member of your team.
- Saves a log of up to 200 chat messages per user you chat with.
- Send messages to offline users. They receive them the next time they login.
- Works on mobile devices, smartphones, and tablets.
October 26, 2015
Saved filters and columns. Added middle name & matter name.
- Added middle name as a default box when creating a contact.
- Added the option of adding the matter name on the invoice when sending to a client.
- When you select a list of contacts, sort by name or any column, or create a filter, it will automatically save the settings the next time you load the screen. This applies to all tables across the entire software (contacts, matters, invoices, time entries, etc…)
October 24, 2015
Zapier beta integration to connect PracticePanther with any app you ever dreamed of!
- Released to beta. Contact us to request a beta invite.
- Establishing an API to connect with http://Zapier.com to integrate with any app you ever dreamed of. Below are some of the possibilities.
- Create a contact form on your website and automatically have the leads enter into the software.
- Take a picture of a business card on your phone and add as a new contact automatically.
- Sync your lists into a Mailchimp email campaign.
- Sync with Toggl for time entries.
- Sync with Basecamp, Evernote, Google Contacts, Asana, Xero, Mailchimp, and many more!
October 19, 2015
Improved search, filters, and reports.
- Instead of loading filter and search results for all Contacts and Matters, it is now an instant live search.
- Live search now searches through all visible fields in the grid for the Contacts and Matters.
- Search box on the top left now searches by full name instantly, among other search queries.
- Updated all charts embedded into the reports to load grouping faster.
October 16, 2015
Calendar enhancements. Drag and drop events & more.
- Remember the last setting of which users are visible on the calendar. If you select all users and all calendars, it will show the same users next time.
- Ability to drag and drops events and tasks to any date.
- Events show the start and end time on the calendar monthly view.
- Added color-coding back to the calendar (visible only if you are viewing your calendar and not other users).
- All calendar events now load within 3 seconds.
October 13, 2015
Database optimization for a 500% increase in speed and performance.
- Significant speed and performance improvements across the board for all accounts.
- Faster load-time of all pages.
- Improved loading of all data in the tables to increase the speed by over 500%.
- Large accounts with hundreds or thousands of contacts and invoices will notice significant improvement.
October 13, 2015
Open API for any other software to securely integrate with PracticePanther
- It took some time but it was well worth it. Sometimes you have to take 2 steps back in order to take 10 steps forward. We are excited to announce, the introduction of our open API. This opens the doors to any software or developer who wishes to integrate with PracticePanther. The possibilities are endless. Our team of dedicated developers deserves a big round of applause, as well as a well-deserved vacation for this one!
- Opened an API to allow other developers to integrate with PracticePanther.
- The API allows any other software to connect, integrate, and sync with PracticePanther securely.
August 01, 2015
Bill for tasks, events, & emails. Preview your invoice design in real-time.
- After creating a task, event, or syncing an email, you can now create a time entry linked to make it “billable” and add it to the invoice.
- You can also create multiple time entries for every task.
- After choosing a custom invoice template, you will be able to create an invoice and see how it looks directly from inside the software (without having to click “Preview” or “Send to Client”.
- Add Sales Tax and set advanced options when creating multiple invoices at once using batch billing/
July 30, 2015
Added minutes to time tracking. Task priorities. Instant email & Box sync.
- Added the option to sync your calendar, email integration, and document management instantly instead of waiting an hour to update.
- When creating a time entry, you can now type in 1:10 for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or type in 8m for 8 minutes.
- Prioritize your tasks with task priorities set to low, medium, or high.
July 24, 2015
New invoice page with 5 invoice template designs!
- Re-designed the invoice page when creating a new invoice for faster invoicing.
- Added 5 invoice templates to choose from when sending to a client.
- Now you can create your own custom invoice design with your own CSS/HTML.
- Completely customize your invoice by showing or hiding any field on the invoice AND when creating a new invoice.
- Ability to rename any field and column to anything you like. For example, change the word “Invoice” to “Bill”.
- Translate invoices to any language with your own custom translations.
- Ability to schedule a private one-on-one demo from directly inside the software (click “Support” on the top).
July 17, 2015
New and improved Calendar with updated Google integration.
- Major Calendar overhaul and improvements. Added names for all users to top of Calendar. Faster loading of all users. Easier to create events and assign users. Works exactly like Google Calendar.
- Fixed an issue where Google Calendar was syncing 4 hours behind for certain users.
- Fixed an issue with editing and deleting Task & Event Workflows.
- Moved the “Edit” and “Delete” buttons across the entire software to the top header menu for quicker access with less clicks.
- When creating a new payment, removed disabled options for a cleaner look.
- Improved contact import via Excel.
July 10, 2015
Generate one invoice for a client with multiple matters.
- If your client has multiple matters, you can now generate an invoice that shows all balances from all other matters into 1 invoice.
- Click here for a tutorial video.
July 06, 2015
New SSL certificate, 256 bit military grade encryption.
- Added a new SSL certificate for maximum security when logged in.
- Increase encryption from 128-bit to 256-bit (same security standards as online banking).
- Usability enhancements for easier use.
- Document template and automation updates.
- Updated UI of the Settings page for easier navigation.
- Created new walk-through tour for first time users.
- Preparing to add new invoice templates.
June 25, 2015
New FAQ support with short videos.
- Our support forum has been updated with a list of the most frequently asked questions: http://support.practicepanther.com/
- Published over 50 short videos for all frequently asked questions, shortcuts, tips, and tricks.
- Added the most popular videos to the bottom left sidebar of the menu once logged in.
June 17, 2015
Document templates and automation. Updated invoice layout.
- Added document templates and automation. Upload your own document and have PracticePanther auto-populate the document for you based on custom fields.
- Updated invoice layout with two sections, one for time entries and one for items. Time Entries grid now has columns for User, Date, Description, Hours, Rate, Tax, and Total.
- Updated support for different time-zones on invoices for international law firms.
June 12, 2015
Task & event workflows.
- Added task & event workflows.
- Create a template of tasks you can apply to any matter. For example, select the court date, and have multiple tasks auto-create based on the date (i.e. 3 days before court date).
June 02, 2015
Link contacts & relationships to matters. Upgraded conflict check.
- Add opposing counsel, the judge, or any other contact to a matter. View all relationships in a matter.
- Once a contact is linked to a matter, view all other matters they’re linked to for conflict check.
- Use the integrated search box to search for any conflicts.
May 22, 2015
Quickbooks online integration.
- Quickbooks integration – automatically sync your payments, invoices, refunds, credits, and clients (with an invoice) from PracticePanther to Quickbooks Online. Updated in real-time.
- Sped up loading of invoices and payments for users with more then 500 of each.
- Sped up email sync time from Outlook and Gmail to PracticePanther.
- Removed “Are you sure” popups to enhance the UI experience.
- Simplified the process of giving a refund.
- Searching through expenses now searches the description and category.
- Updates to Google Calendar two-way sync.
- Better support for Rand currency and taxes for South African attorneys.
- Added more filters to show all invoices by Sale/Credit/Refund.
- Completed core integration with XERO accounting – coming soon!
May 04, 2015
Batch invoicing. New features & updates.
- Added batch invoicing to invoice multiple clients and matters in 1 click.
- Added the option to pay an invoice from the trust or operating account when creating a new invoice saving an extra step.
- Added the option to filter tasks, clients, matters, expenses, and invoices by user.
- Added tags for matters. You can now add matters to certain lists (for example, type of law).
- Created the wizard to create 1 invoice or multiple invoices.
- Cleaned up tags to hide settings icon unless hovered.
- Fixed tasks to show as overdue from previous day.
- Fixed search box.
- Fixed new expense button from not saving in Firefox.
- Fixed issue when generating an invoice with certain dates for countries with different date settings (day/month/year).
- Fixed issue when saving custom category expenses.
April 20, 2015
Two-way sync with Exchange, Outlook, & Google.
- Added two-way sync with Microsoft Exchange server for anyone using Outlook.
- Added two-way sync with Google Calendar and Tasks.
- Added LiveConnect OAuth.
- Added Client and Matter numbers under “more options” when creating a new client or matter.
- Fixed issue when searching for clients from the client page.
- Various fixes and updates.
April 12, 2015
Assign multiple users to clients & matters.
- Added multiple users to be assigned to clients, matters, tasks, and events.
- Cleaned up user-interface. UI enhancements.
- Updated the grids to display your data easier, faster, and cleaner.
- Minor updates and fixes.
- Fixed Box.com sync for certain users.
- Fixed imap email integration for certain users.
April 3, 2015
Easier to add a new payment to trust or operating.
- Created a new “Add Payment” page to simplify the process of adding a new payment to a trust or operating account.
- Added more options for transferring payments between accounts or using retainer payments towards an invoice.
- Minor calendar tweaks.
- Fixed Authorize.net issue for certain users.
- Fixed security roles for certain users.
- Updated drag-and-drop functionality for file uploading and document management.
- Updated settings icon from being hidden.
March 23, 2015
Email integration with Outlook, Google, Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail.
- Added imap email integration to connect your emails to the software from any email address using imap.
- New tooltips and help questions built-in to the software to help users with frequently asked questions.
- Trust account payments updated.
- Updated payment validation for your clients.
- Improved UI.
- Intuitive updates. Reduced clutter on certain screens.
- New payment encryption for your clients online payments.
- Box.com updates for certain users.
March 10, 2015
New welcome screen & walk-through.
- Added new popups and walk-throughs making the first visitor experience significantly easier to navigate.
- Added the option to invite your team to your account when signing in.
- New welcome wizard when signing in for the first time to edit your settings.
- Updated custom fields for certain users.
- Many updates and fixes from user feedback. Thanks!
February 24, 2015
Box.com integration with two-way file sync.
- Added Box.com document management integration to sync your files to and from your computer directly inside the software.
- Updated two-step authentication on certain browsers.
- Updated the “Reset Password” screen for faster & more secure password resets.
February 17, 2015
Two-factor authentication for enhanced security.
- Added two-factor authentication by email for a second layer of protection & security when accessing your account from an unknown computer, internet connection, browser, smartphone, tablet, or any device.
- Updated core framework for enhanced speed and stability.
- Updated referral/affiliate program for faster commission payouts.
January 29, 2015
Live chat for instant real-time support.
- Added live chat for instant real-time support with the option to leave us a message if we’re offline.
- Updated PayPal payment integration for certain users.
- Updated time entries screen.
- Removed clutter from the “create new matter” page and added “more options”.
- Google sync update.
January 09, 2015
Created Panther Progress page.
- Created Panther Progress page to show the world what we’ve been working on.
- Added “Save and New” buttons everywhere to save one extra click.
- Complete user interface overhaul. Intuitive improvements to speed up your workflow.
- Updated activity emails when your clients view an invoice.
- Updated activity emails when your client makes a payment.
- Updated all email campaigns with new re-designed template for easier viewing on any device or smartphone.
- Google calendar one-way sync improvements.
- Major updates, fixes, enhancements, and improvements across the board.
- Updated Zendesk ticketing system with newer, faster SLA times.
3 incredible years of PracticePanther’s law firm practice management software in the making.
- The past 3 years included thousands of hours designing, building, interviewing, marketing, beta testing, and much more!
- Getting the software into the hands of thousands of attorneys, paralegals, and firms worldwide.
- Over 3,000 updates, changes, pivots, fixes, releases, upgrades, overhauls, integrations, and Red Bulls!
- Over 1.3 million lines of code written and re-written countless times.
- A world of support, new friendships, and partners.
Features & Updates
How do I submit a feature request?
Click here to send us a request. We always send an email whenever there is a large release with new features. For smaller releases, check back here often for updates.
How do you prioritize requests?
We get around 15 requests a day via phone, email, live chat, and tickets. Every 3 months we review all requests. We look for the most common requests that will benefit the majority of attorneys worldwide.
How often is the software updated?
All the time. Our in-house developers are constantly improving the software behind the scenes – even if it’s not noticeable or published here.
What day and time do you update? How long does it take?
Most major updates are done on weekends. It normally takes 1-3 minutes of downtime for a minor update and 5-10 minutes for a major update. If we need longer, we will always email or notify you in advance of scheduled maintenance.
Are updates done automatically for me?
Yes! You don’t need to download or install anything on your computer, smartphone, or tablet. Everything is instantly updated in real-time so you can continue working on any device with the latest updates.