December 31, 2015
Upgraded client portal with tasks, events, invoices, & more!
- Massive overhaul and upgrade of the client portal.
- Now you will be able to assign tasks and events to your clients.
- Your clients can login to the secured client portal and view all upcoming meetings and their personal to-do list.
- Your clients can view all invoices, payments, and their real-time balance in their trust and operating account.
- Securely encrypt and send messages to communicate with your clients instead of using email.
- White label portal where the clients will login with your special URL and see your logo and brand colors.
- White label login for the users in your firm with your logo and colors.
December 24, 2015
Send reminders by email or text message to your users or clients.
- Create up to 5 reminders for your users OR clients for tasks or events.
- Remind them by either an email OR text message alert!
- Send up to 100 text messages per month. Contact us if you need more.
November 22, 2015
Task and event reminders with desktop notifications for Mac & PC.
- Add up to 5 reminders for every task or event.
- Assign a task or event to yourself or another user, and add up to 5 reminders for them.
- A reminder can be a popup on your screen, or an email.
- Set the reminder any number of days, hours, or minutes from the event or task.
- Get desktop notifications of any important alerts, reminders, and notifications on any browser and on your Mac or PC.
- You don’t need to be on the PracticePanther tab to get notifications, you can be checking your email or browsing other sites and still receive the notifications, as long as you have PracticePanther open on 1 tab.
November 17, 2015
iPhone App released.
- Version 1 of our iPhone app has been released to the Apple App store.
- Get full access to the entire software from your iPhone.
- Track time from your phone and continue from your computer.
- Click here to download the iPhone app from your phone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/practicepanther-legal-software/id1057324775
November 15, 2015
- Receive notifications about important activities happening in your law firm.
- Get real-time alerts when someone completes a task you assigned to them, someone adds a message to the feed, and much more.
- Instantly know when you received a payment or a client viewed an invoice.
- Follow contacts, users, and matters to get notified anytime something changes. For example, see when a user does any activity. See every alert for a contact or matter you follow.
November 11, 2015
Android App released.
- Version 1 of our Android app has been released to the Google Play store.
- Get full access to the entire software from your Android.
- Track time from your phone and continue from your computer.
- Click here to download the Android app from your phone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.panthersoftware.practicepanther
November 09, 2015
Enhanced payment and balance details.
- On your Dashboard, hover over the 3 payment boxes at the top to see additional payment metrics to answer every question you want to know about your firm.
- Hover over the payment boxes at the top of each contact and matter to see the same details.
- Quickly see how much has been paid to your operating and trust account and what the balance is for each client.
- See how much was earned after paying off each invoice.
- See if your evergreen retainer has an alert and needs to be replenished.
- The new payment boxes will give you greater details and analytics on what’s happening with each contact and matter as well as your overall picture.
November 06, 2015
UTBMS Coding & LEDES Billing
- Add the UTBMS task codes to your invoices according to the ABA standards.
- Now that you have the proper codes, you can create a LEDES 1998B formatted invoice if needed.
November 03, 2015
Daily agenda email with a list of all tasks & events for today.
- Wake up at 6 AM to your personalized daily agenda. Receive an email with a list of all tasks and events due today.
- Complete the tasks straight from your email inbox.
- See all overdue tasks.
November 01, 2015
Don’t forget to bill for another activity again.
- See which activities have not been billed for such as a task, phone call, event, or email.
- If you have not tracked time for any activity, you can see which activities have not been billed in the table of every page.
- Feature helps you potentially find thousands of dollars of activities that went un-billed.
October 30, 2015
Time tracking widget.
- Track time using the built-in widget at the top of every screen.
- Start the timer, pause it, or log the time entry for the client and matter you’re working on.
- Timer continues running even if you close all windows.
- Track time from your computer and automatically continue from your phone.
- Timer is visible at the top of every window you’re working on and updates in real-time across all windows.
October 29, 2015
Evergreen retainer alerts.
- Create an Evergreen alert when your client is running out of money in their trust account from their original retainer payment.
- When the balance is running low, get alerted so you stop working and collect another retainer payment.
- The Evergreen amount is set when creating or editing a new matter.
October 28, 2015
Live internal chat to communicate with your team.
- Added a live chat to communicate with each member of your team.
- Saves a log of up to 200 chat messages per user you chat with.
- Send messages to offline users. They receive them the next time they login.
- Works on mobile devices, smartphones, and tablets.
October 26, 2015
Saved filters and columns. Added middle name & matter name.
- Added middle name as a default box when creating a contact.
- Added the option of adding the matter name on the invoice when sending to a client.
- When you select a list of contacts, sort by name or any column, or create a filter, it will automatically save the settings the next time you load the screen. This applies to all tables across the entire software (contacts, matters, invoices, time entries, etc…)
October 24, 2015
Zapier beta integration to connect PracticePanther with any app you ever dreamed of!
- Released to beta. Contact us to request a beta invite.
- Establishing an API to connect with http://Zapier.com to integrate with any app you ever dreamed of. Below are some of the possibilities.
- Create a contact form on your website and automatically have the leads enter into the software.
- Take a picture of a business card on your phone and add as a new contact automatically.
- Sync your lists into a Mailchimp email campaign.
- Sync with Toggl for time entries.
- Sync with Basecamp, Evernote, Google Contacts, Asana, Xero, Mailchimp, and many more!
October 19, 2015
Improved search, filters, and reports.
- Instead of loading filter and search results for all Contacts and Matters, it is now an instant live search.
- Live search now searches through all visible fields in the grid for the Contacts and Matters.
- Search box on the top left now searches by full name instantly, among other search queries.
- Updated all charts embedded into the reports to load grouping faster.
October 16, 2015
Calendar enhancements. Drag and drop events & more.
- Remember the last setting of which users are visible on the calendar. If you select all users and all calendars, it will show the same users next time.
- Ability to drag and drops events and tasks to any date.
- Events show the start and end time on the calendar monthly view.
- Added color-coding back to the calendar (visible only if you are viewing your calendar and not other users).
- All calendar events now load within 3 seconds.
October 13, 2015
Database optimization for a 500% increase in speed and performance.
- Significant speed and performance improvements across the board for all accounts.
- Faster load-time of all pages.
- Improved loading of all data in the tables to increase the speed by over 500%.
- Large accounts with hundreds or thousands of contacts and invoices will notice significant improvement.
October 13, 2015
Open API for any other software to securely integrate with PracticePanther
- It took some time but it was well worth it. Sometimes you have to take 2 steps back in order to take 10 steps forward. We are excited to announce, the introduction of our open API. This opens the doors to any software or developer who wishes to integrate with PracticePanther. The possibilities are endless. Our team of dedicated developers deserves a big round of applause, as well as a well-deserved vacation for this one!
- Opened an API to allow other developers to integrate with PracticePanther.
- The API allows any other software to connect, integrate, and sync with PracticePanther securely.
August 01, 2015
Bill for tasks, events, & emails. Preview your invoice design in real-time.
- After creating a task, event, or syncing an email, you can now create a time entry linked to make it “billable” and add it to the invoice.
- You can also create multiple time entries for every task.
- After choosing a custom invoice template, you will be able to create an invoice and see how it looks directly from inside the software (without having to click “Preview” or “Send to Client”.
- Add Sales Tax and set advanced options when creating multiple invoices at once using batch billing/
July 30, 2015
Added minutes to time tracking. Task priorities. Instant email & Box sync.
- Added the option to sync your calendar, email integration, and document management instantly instead of waiting an hour to update.
- When creating a time entry, you can now type in 1:10 for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or type in 8m for 8 minutes.
- Prioritize your tasks with task priorities set to low, medium, or high.
July 24, 2015
New invoice page with 5 invoice template designs!
- Re-designed the invoice page when creating a new invoice for faster invoicing.
- Added 5 invoice templates to choose from when sending to a client.
- Now you can create your own custom invoice design with your own CSS/HTML.
- Completely customize your invoice by showing or hiding any field on the invoice AND when creating a new invoice.
- Ability to rename any field and column to anything you like. For example, change the word “Invoice” to “Bill”.
- Translate invoices to any language with your own custom translations.
- Ability to schedule a private one-on-one demo from directly inside the software (click “Support” on the top).
July 17, 2015
New and improved Calendar with updated Google integration.
- Major Calendar overhaul and improvements. Added names for all users to top of Calendar. Faster loading of all users. Easier to create events and assign users. Works exactly like Google Calendar.
- Fixed an issue where Google Calendar was syncing 4 hours behind for certain users.
- Fixed an issue with editing and deleting Task & Event Workflows.
- Moved the “Edit” and “Delete” buttons across the entire software to the top header menu for quicker access with less clicks.
- When creating a new payment, removed disabled options for a cleaner look.
- Improved contact import via Excel.
July 10, 2015
Generate one invoice for a client with multiple matters.
- If your client has multiple matters, you can now generate an invoice that shows all balances from all other matters into 1 invoice.
- Click here for a tutorial video.
July 06, 2015
New SSL certificate, 256 bit military grade encryption.
- Added a new SSL certificate for maximum security when logged in.
- Increase encryption from 128-bit to 256-bit (same security standards as online banking).
- Usability enhancements for easier use.
- Document template and automation updates.
- Updated UI of the Settings page for easier navigation.
- Created new walk-through tour for first time users.
- Preparing to add new invoice templates.
June 25, 2015
New FAQ support with short videos.
- Our support forum has been updated with a list of the most frequently asked questions: http://support.practicepanther.com/
- Published over 50 short videos for all frequently asked questions, shortcuts, tips, and tricks.
- Added the most popular videos to the bottom left sidebar of the menu once logged in.
June 17, 2015
Document templates and automation. Updated invoice layout.
- Added document templates and automation. Upload your own document and have PracticePanther auto-populate the document for you based on custom fields.
- Updated invoice layout with two sections, one for time entries and one for items. Time Entries grid now has columns for User, Date, Description, Hours, Rate, Tax, and Total.
- Updated support for different time-zones on invoices for international law firms.
June 12, 2015
Task & event workflows.
- Added task & event workflows.
- Create a template of tasks you can apply to any matter. For example, select the court date, and have multiple tasks auto-create based on the date (i.e. 3 days before court date).
June 02, 2015
Link contacts & relationships to matters. Upgraded conflict check.
- Add opposing counsel, the judge, or any other contact to a matter. View all relationships in a matter.
- Once a contact is linked to a matter, view all other matters they’re linked to for conflict check.
- Use the integrated search box to search for any conflicts.
May 22, 2015
Quickbooks online integration.
- Quickbooks integration – automatically sync your payments, invoices, refunds, credits, and clients (with an invoice) from PracticePanther to Quickbooks Online. Updated in real-time.
- Sped up loading of invoices and payments for users with more then 500 of each.
- Sped up email sync time from Outlook and Gmail to PracticePanther.
- Removed “Are you sure” popups to enhance the UI experience.
- Simplified the process of giving a refund.
- Searching through expenses now searches the description and category.
- Updates to Google Calendar two-way sync.
- Better support for Rand currency and taxes for South African attorneys.
- Added more filters to show all invoices by Sale/Credit/Refund.
- Completed core integration with XERO accounting – coming soon!
May 04, 2015
Batch invoicing. New features & updates.
- Added batch invoicing to invoice multiple clients and matters in 1 click.
- Added the option to pay an invoice from the trust or operating account when creating a new invoice saving an extra step.
- Added the option to filter tasks, clients, matters, expenses, and invoices by user.
- Added tags for matters. You can now add matters to certain lists (for example, type of law).
- Created the wizard to create 1 invoice or multiple invoices.
- Cleaned up tags to hide settings icon unless hovered.
- Fixed tasks to show as overdue from previous day.
- Fixed search box.
- Fixed new expense button from not saving in Firefox.
- Fixed issue when generating an invoice with certain dates for countries with different date settings (day/month/year).
- Fixed issue when saving custom category expenses.
April 20, 2015
Two-way sync with Exchange, Outlook, & Google.
- Added two-way sync with Microsoft Exchange server for anyone using Outlook.
- Added two-way sync with Google Calendar and Tasks.
- Added LiveConnect OAuth.
- Added Client and Matter numbers under “more options” when creating a new client or matter.
- Fixed issue when searching for clients from the client page.
- Various fixes and updates.
April 12, 2015
Assign multiple users to clients & matters.
- Added multiple users to be assigned to clients, matters, tasks, and events.
- Cleaned up user-interface. UI enhancements.
- Updated the grids to display your data easier, faster, and cleaner.
- Minor updates and fixes.
- Fixed Box.com sync for certain users.
- Fixed imap email integration for certain users.
April 3, 2015
Easier to add a new payment to trust or operating.
- Created a new “Add Payment” page to simplify the process of adding a new payment to a trust or operating account.
- Added more options for transferring payments between accounts or using retainer payments towards an invoice.
- Minor calendar tweaks.
- Fixed Authorize.net issue for certain users.
- Fixed security roles for certain users.
- Updated drag-and-drop functionality for file uploading and document management.
- Updated settings icon from being hidden.
March 23, 2015
Email integration with Outlook, Google, Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail.
- Added imap email integration to connect your emails to the software from any email address using imap.
- New tooltips and help questions built-in to the software to help users with frequently asked questions.
- Trust account payments updated.
- Updated payment validation for your clients.
- Improved UI.
- Intuitive updates. Reduced clutter on certain screens.
- New payment encryption for your clients online payments.
- Box.com updates for certain users.
March 10, 2015
New welcome screen & walk-through.
- Added new popups and walk-throughs making the first visitor experience significantly easier to navigate.
- Added the option to invite your team to your account when signing in.
- New welcome wizard when signing in for the first time to edit your settings.
- Updated custom fields for certain users.
- Many updates and fixes from user feedback. Thanks!
February 24, 2015
Box.com integration with two-way file sync.
- Added Box.com document management integration to sync your files to and from your computer directly inside the software.
- Updated two-step authentication on certain browsers.
- Updated the “Reset Password” screen for faster & more secure password resets.
February 17, 2015
Two-factor authentication for enhanced security.
- Added two-factor authentication by email for a second layer of protection & security when accessing your account from an unknown computer, internet connection, browser, smartphone, tablet, or any device.
- Updated core framework for enhanced speed and stability.
- Updated referral/affiliate program for faster commission payouts.
January 29, 2015
Live chat for instant real-time support.
- Added live chat for instant real-time support with the option to leave us a message if we’re offline.
- Updated PayPal payment integration for certain users.
- Updated time entries screen.
- Removed clutter from the “create new matter” page and added “more options”.
- Google sync update.
January 09, 2015
Created Panther Progress page.
- Created Panther Progress page to show the world what we’ve been working on.
- Added “Save and New” buttons everywhere to save one extra click.
- Complete user interface overhaul. Intuitive improvements to speed up your workflow.
- Updated activity emails when your clients view an invoice.
- Updated activity emails when your client makes a payment.
- Updated all email campaigns with new re-designed template for easier viewing on any device or smartphone.
- Google calendar one-way sync improvements.
- Major updates, fixes, enhancements, and improvements across the board.
- Updated Zendesk ticketing system with newer, faster SLA times.
3 incredible years of PracticePanther’s law firm practice management software in the making.
- The past 3 years included thousands of hours designing, building, interviewing, marketing, beta testing, and much more!
- Getting the software into the hands of thousands of attorneys, paralegals, and firms worldwide.
- Over 3,000 updates, changes, pivots, fixes, releases, upgrades, overhauls, integrations, and Red Bulls!
- Over 1.3 million lines of code written and re-written countless times.
- A world of support, new friendships, and partners.
Features & Updates
How do I submit a feature request?
Click here to send us a request. We always send an email whenever there is a large release with new features. For smaller releases, check back here often for updates.
How do you prioritize requests?
We get around 15 requests a day via phone, email, live chat, and tickets. Every 3 months we review all requests. We look for the most common requests that will benefit the majority of attorneys worldwide.
How often is the software updated?
All the time. Our in-house developers are constantly improving the software behind the scenes – even if it’s not noticeable or published here.
What day and time do you update? How long does it take?
Most major updates are done on weekends. It normally takes 1-3 minutes of downtime for a minor update and 5-10 minutes for a major update. If we need longer, we will always email or notify you in advance of scheduled maintenance.
Are updates done automatically for me?
Yes! You don’t need to download or install anything on your computer, smartphone, or tablet. Everything is instantly updated in real-time so you can continue working on any device with the latest updates.