Last updated on June 17, 2015
What information do we collect?
Personal Information We Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card identifiers (such as last 4 digits, type of credit, etc.)
- Transaction and purchasing history
How We Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters.
- To send you important information regarding PracticePanther Inc., changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to process your payments, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To personalize your experience on the Site, our software, and our mobile services by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- To allow you to add friends for PracticePanther’s Referral Program. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
We may use Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How Your Personal Information may be Disclosed
Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services and other similar services to enable them to provide services.
- To third parties to permit them to send you marketing communications, if you have opted into such sharing.
- To third parties sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions.
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through PracticePanther Inc. services
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We may disclose Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Other Information We Collect
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as:
- Browser information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Aggregated information
How We Collect Other Information
We and our third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that our Site functions properly.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and email recipients, measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates.
- IP Address: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site.
- From you: Information such as your location, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, is collected when you voluntarily provide this information. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site, (for example, we may aggregated Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
How We Use and Disclose Other Information
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then, in addition to the uses listed in the “How We Collect Other Information” section above, we may use and disclose Other Information for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Third Party Sites
We use high capability organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Choices & Access
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt out from:
- Receiving marketing emails from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out of receiving them by sending an email to email@example.com or calling us at 800-856-8729.
- Our sharing of your Personal Information with affiliates for their marketing purposes: If you would prefer that we not share your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with our affiliates for their marketing purposes, you may opt out of this sharing by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 800-856-8729.
- Our sharing of your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes: If you would prefer that we not share your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes, you may opt out of this sharing by sending an email to email@example.com or calling us at 800-856-8729.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out as described above, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of our affiliates or unaffiliated third parties with which we have already shared your Personal Information. If you opt out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
- If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, you may contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 800-856-8729.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably possible.
Use of Site by Minors
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals not provide Personal Information through the Site.
Cross-Border Transfer & Safe Harbor
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities, or in which we engage service providers, and by using our Site you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country. We abide by the rules and regulations of the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework, which was approved by the EU in 2000 and provide adequate privacy protection to allow EU organizations to comply with the European Commission’s Directive on Data Protection went into effect in October 1998.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (defined to include: Social Security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or otherwise to us.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site and the App, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site or App. Your continued use of the Site or App following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card information or sensitive information in your emails to us.