- Firm Name & Slogan: Grable Law Firm
- Location: San Antonio, Texas
- What does your firm do? General practice law firm with an emphasis in criminal trial and appeals.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? Brandon Grable recently started his practice in August 2017. Brandon’s story started when he joined the Army at 17-years-old. Throughout his ten-year career, he deployed to both Iraq and Afghanistan, being recognized with multiple awards including a bronze star medal. Upon completion of his honorable service, he went to law school at St. Mary’s University in San Antonio, Texas where he was an editorial board member of the Law Journal. As a licensed attorney, he clerked at the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals in Austin, Texas working on writs of habeas corpus and petitions for discretionary review. Brandon incorporates his military experience and time with the highest criminal court in the state to serve clients throughout Texas with those values not found on a resume–grit, small town vales, and humble beginnings. He especially takes pride in assisting military and veterans with both legal matters and personal concerns.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? Brandon has used PracticePanther from almost day one. He wanted to create a almost-paperless environment, and researched various case management software. PracticePanther seemed to be the most affordable, easiest to use, and allowed unique customization. A day does not pass where Brandon is not utilizing the client portal or template features. The lawpay integration has also provided a convenience for both the firm and its clients. I look forward to growing my practice with PracticePanther.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? What is not to like about PracticePanther? It has become my entire practice! The client portal and templates. I also found the training extremely useful. I know that I have an actual person available to help me find the answer to any questions I may have.Regarding the other features, I am in the process of creating unique templates from scratch, and like that I can incorporate information from a contact or matter into them. This will become a valuable feature as I grow. The client portal is also highly useful to me. I don’t trust regular email because I don’t know who has access to that information. Having a “secure” portal not only adds credibility for a new firm, but it gives my clients confidence that they can communicate securely with me. I also like that I can log in from anywhere.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Utilize as many features on PracticePanther as you can. It is a great tool for a great price. Also take advantage of the LawPay integration before that promotion goes away.