- Firm Name & Slogan: Fornaro Law. We Have Answers. You Have Questions.
- Location: 1022 S. La Grange Road, La Grange, Illinois 60525 and 15 Salt Creek Lane, Unit 321, Hinsdale, Illinois 60521
- What does your firm do? As a full service firm, Fornaro Law provides legal services in most areas of the law to clients in Chicago, the western suburbs of Chicago, throughout the United States and internationally. We provide top level legal service, constant communication, access to our network, business advice, and creative solutions.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? Fornaro Law started in 2004 in Hillside, Illinois. We grew the firm by representing clients in a large number of practice areas. As we became better at the practice of law, the number of clients exceeded our capacity. As such, we added attorneys and staff.
During the economic downturn that started in 2007, other firms failed. However, Fornaro Law grew significantly.
During the downturn we realized that we were extremely capable in marketing our skills, analyzing problems, creating and implementing a plan, solving problems and obtaining favorable results. We realized that our extremely structured model and systematic approach to the law, could be applied to each and every area of the law. In 2013, we opened an office in LaGrange, Illinois and currently have 9 attorneys and 10 staff members.
We are business and network savvy lawyers who are project managers, architects of structure, networkers and business advisors. Our process is to create multi-disciplinary teams to help maximize efficiency, enhance client services, provide collaboration and reduce costs. This has allowed us to capture clients that normally have worked with larger firms.
The next stage of our growth is the implementation of technology to service our growing and diverse client base.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? We are just getting started with the software and have been implementing only for a few weeks. I will update my experience again in about one month.
Although we were efficient, we were not hyper-efficient before Practice Panther. Also, although we are a very systematic firm with set processes, our significant growth made it impossible for us to sustain the systems without a practice management software. From what I have seen, Practice Panther allows us to become hyper efficient because of the following:
1. We are now able to input data one time rather than several times allowing our staff to work on more things and learn more substantive tasks.
2. Inputting information then populates forms and sets up matters.
3. We are able to task and monitor the tasks without relying on memory, sticky notes, pads of paper and task lists.
4. All of the information is now in one place without the need of navigating through various portions of our database.
5. Our clients are happy with the immediate availability and access to their documents without having to request it via email and the ability to communicate through the portal.
6. I believe that the system will allow us to increase capacity and scale our practice.Our model is simple. We try to make the experience for our clients seamless and effortless through the use of portals and constant access to the resources of our firm. The technology will allow us to compete against larger firms.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther?
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Providing constant communication to clients. There is nothing more important.