- Firm Name & Slogan: Burger Legal, PLLC “Legal Counsel. Outside the Box.”
- Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- What does your firm do? My firm assists clients in the areas of small business law, commercial real estate law, basic estate planning, trademark law and copyright law. My firm also assists craft breweries with TTB/ABC applications, in addition to the areas already mentioned.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? Burger Legal started with an idea of offering clients quality legal services with transparent, reasonable and flexible fee structures to cut out as many surprises as possible for clients. This was to be balanced with a strong work/life balance, with a “work anywhere” type mantra. Since opening, the firm has grown significantly in terms of clientele, but has moved into the craft beer law niche, as well, which has really been a fun experience.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? Before PracticePanther, I tracked a lot of my matters with file folders and notes to myself. I used Google Calendar to track all of my due dates. Nothing was automated other than some calendar alerts. PracticePanther has streamlined everything and taken some of the day to day administrative work off of my plate entirely, while providing a secure, private means to message and share documents with my clients. Worth every penny.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? The customer service and support team– every single time I have a question or an issue, they’re responding to me within an hour or two, or at least same day, and getting it answered or resolved.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Embrace change and explore the technological advances that come out every quarter/annually, in order to find the best solutions for your firm, and therefore, for your clients. Don’t rest on your laurels- everyone can always improve.