- Firm Name & Slogan: Sones & White, PLLC
- Location: Ridgeland, Mississippi
- What does your firm do? Sones & White is a full-service law firm that specializes in assisting businesses and community banks. Services include outside corporate/general counsel, civil litigation, business formation and organization, regulatory compliance counsel, board and staff training, mergers & acquisitions, loans and participation, and employment matters.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? Ben Sones and Everett White founded Sones & White in 2018 after years as partners in separate firms. Having begun his legal career in Nashville, Ben moved home to Mississippi in 2008 to practice with Watkins, Ludlam, Winter & Stennis (now Jones Walker) before establishing his own practice and ultimately forming Sones & White. Ben provides corporate, transactional, and regulatory assistance to businesses and community banks. Before founding Sones & White, Everett was a shareholder at Baker Donelson and then a partner at a small healthcare firm. He litigates business disputes across a broad spectrum of industries and has extensive appellate experience. In addition to providing services at hourly rates, Sones & White partners with clients to serve as outside general counsel under flat fee and incentive-based arrangements. Ben and Everett have been good friends for many years. They share a common interest in books, history, philosophy, theology, and tennis; they attend the same church; their families are close; they have shared many a back porch discussion or argument, and over the years they have referred legal work to one another. So, when the opportunity arose for them to form a law firm together, the decision was easy.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? We adopted PracticePanther upon the formation of Sones & White. Everett’s prior firm did utilize practice management software, which made invoicing difficult and generating customized financial reports nearly impossible. Ben’s prior firm used a server-based product with many features but an awkward user interface. PracticePanther doesn’t require us to obtain a physical server, and its interface is much more intuitive and user-friendly.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? Customer Service! We can’t name just one favorite thing about PracticePanther. Our top three are the following:(1) It is cloud-based, which means we don’t need a server and we don’t have to VPN to use PracticePanther when we are away from the office. (2) It has an intuitive, clean interface. (3) The customer support team is prompt and very accessible.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Always do what you say you’re going to do. This will build client confidence and trust.