- Firm Name & Slogan: Garfinkel Immigration Law, LLC
- Location: Bethesda, MD
- What does your firm do? Garfinkel Immigration helps clients prevent and solve their immigration issues. We serve clients on immigration cases concerning employment, family, naturalization, and asylum. We’ve done permanent and temporary visas for clients worldwide. We aim to apply the depth and breadth of our experience to help clients with work, family, and future.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? Garfinkel immigration law is a firm founded by Lynn Garfinkel. After ten years of successfully helping clients from around the world and working at two immigration law firms, Garfinkel determined that she could better serve client needs by founding a law firm. As the practice grew, Garfinkel hired employees and moved to streamline processes to offer outstanding, secure, and individualized representation. Garfinkel is a member of the Maryland and DC bar. Over the span of decade practicing immigration law, Garfinkel has served as the Chair of the Asylum Office Liaison Committee for AILA, the Vice Chair for the AILA Court Liaison Committee, and for five years, engaged in human rights advocacy for Amnesty International Mid-Atlantic, as the Representative to the Special Initiatives Grant Committee. Prior to becoming an attorney, Garfinkel completed her college studies at Lewis and Clark. After having studied abroad in France and in South Korea, Garfinkel self-designed her degree in international development. She earned her law degree from Northeastern in Massachusetts. In law school, Garfinkel was a teaching assistant and took part in prisoner’s rights and death penalty clinics. Garfinkel also interned at the U.S. Court of Appeals, Justice Department, and the Federal Public Defender for DC.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? Prior to practice panther, we used immigration serenade. It was not primarily a management platform and wasn’t flexible or comprehensive. As such, we did not use it at all.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? Customer Service! My favorite thing about Practice Panther is the fact that we can centrally save and easily retrieve all case information. It works fast and has an elegant interface. Most of all, I love the fact that it is making the firm more organized and efficient. Practice Panther has made all the difference for my practice. Thank you!
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Start a practice with a great management solution. Even if you are solo or at a small firm. If business is good, it will become impossible to maintain control and be efficient if you don’t have a great management software that you use. It’s a critical investment.
Follow Garfinkel Immigration Law, LLC:
Law Practice Management Software
Latest posts by Law Practice Management Software (see all)
- PracticePanther Releases Major Billing Update with Multiple Custom Invoice Template Generation Feature - August 17, 2018
- Law Firm of the Week: Saidi Law Corporation - August 9, 2018
- Law Firm of the Week: Garfinkel Immigration Law, LLC - August 8, 2018