If you’re a Paralegal, you should be certified!
How serious do you take your profession? Are you satisfied by the status quo mentality or do you challenge yourself to exceed your personal goals? If you didn’t yet know, the Paralegal Association of Florida, Inc. (PAF) is an affiliate of the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA) and both organizations are celebrating 40 years of excellence this year.
The paralegal profession has grown exponentially and the industry standards continue to provide education and professionalism through a wide variety of seminars, webinars, education materials, networking, certification programs and job opportunities.
So why be certified? Paralegal certification allows you to advance in your profession which is respected by employers and colleagues in the industry. It provides an opportunity to stay on top of your game and allows the industry standards to constantly move forward in providing excellence to employers, clients and – most importantly – to the paralegal. There are numerous scholarships available at the national, state and local Chapter levels. Information on various levels of certification, along with paralegal programs/organizations nationally and in Florida, please take a look at the following:
- National Association of Legal Assistants: http://www.nala.org – Certifications, scholarships, continuing education courses, conferences and a multitude of networking.
- Paralegal Association of Florida, Inc.: http://www.pafinc.org – Membership applications can be retrieved here with instructions. Member benefits include a great deal of networking, continuing education credits, scholarships, newsletters/Facebook member page access which contains Chapter job banks, monthly chapter luncheons (you do not have to be a member to come to a luncheon), scholarship opportunities, community service and lifelong friendships.
- Florida Bar Association – Florida Registered Paralegal Program.
- County Bar Associations also offer affiliate memberships to paralegals.
By Bea LeVine, CP, FRP
1st Vice-President, Paralegal Association of Florida, Inc.
Inspiring professional growth . . . one paralegal at a time®
Law Practice Management Software
Latest posts by Law Practice Management Software (see all)
- Why a Client Portal Can Make or Break Your Legal Software - February 15, 2019
- The Family Law Software for Mac Users That Blends Form and Function - February 11, 2019
- Features that Set the Best Bankruptcy Software for Attorneys Apart - February 11, 2019