5 of Our Favorite Lawyer Conventions in North America
There are hundreds of trade shows, meet-ups, and conventions for lawyers throughout the world, including dozens in North America. Some of these are for specific accreditation’s and types of lawyers, while others are for lawyers registered with a specific state’s bar. We’ve put together a list of our top 5 favorite lawyer conventions in North America, and included details such as when and where it is, why you should go, and something cool you should do while you’re there. We can’t promise that every event here will be appropriate for every lawyer, but we have attempted to include an option for everyone. Here’s our list:
- CAALA Annual Las Vegas Convention 2014
- When: Thursday, August 28th – Sunday, August 31st, 2014 (Labor Day Weekend)
- Where: Wynn Las Vegas Resort, Las Vegas, NV
- Why: Over 2,000 trial attorneys will descend on Vegas for a weekend of networking and information sessions. Attorneys can also earn up to 20 hours of MCLE credit. Plus, it’s a weekend in Vegas.
- Registration: http://www.caalavegas.org/
- Extracurricular: Seriously? It’s Las Vegas. If you need any tips on something fun to do while you’re there, I’m not sure if I can help you. Play some slots, see a show, or just go sightseeing. If you’re looking for something off the strip and the beaten path, check out this link: http://thetravelingphilosopher.com/featured/las-vegas/
- Association of Corporate Counsel Annual Meeting 2014
- When: Tuesday, October 28th – Friday, October 31st, 2014
- Where: New Orleans Convention Center, New Orleans, LA
- Why: The ACC annual meeting is the world’s largest gathering of in-house counsel. Listen to presenters discuss how to best adapt to a changing field, network with peers, and gather information from over 100 law firms and legal service providers. You can also earn a year’s worth of CLE/CPD credit.
- Registration: http://www.acc.com/education/am14/am-2014-rates.cfm
- Extracurricular: Get a Beignet at Café Du Monde, explore the French Quarter, or go out on Bourbon Street. Stay for Friday and enjoy Halloween in New Orleans!
- New York State Bar Association Annual Meeting 2014
- When: Monday, January 26th – January 31st, 2015
- Where: Hilton New York
- Why: More than 5,000 members of the New York State Bar association meet and share their insight and experiences. Come take advantage of the committees and receptions, listen to relevant speakers, and make new industry connections. MCLE credits are also available.
- Registration: Registration is not yet available.
- Extracurricular: This event is mostly for New Yorkers, but feel free to explore Central Park, Times Square, or catch a Broadway show.
- International Trademark Association Annual Meeting 2015
- When: Saturday, May 2nd – Wednesday, May 6th 2015
- Where: San Diego, CA (venue currently TBD)
- Why: 5 days of endless education and networking with over 9,000 attendees from 140 countries.
- Registration: Registration will begin in January 2015, but pricing can be found here: http://www.inta.org/2014AM/Registration/Pages/Pricing.aspx
- Extracurricular: Catch a Padres game, do a wine tasting, or simply enjoy the beautiful weather.
- American Bar Association Annual Meeting and Expo 2015
- When: Thursday, July 30th – Tuesday, August 4th, 2015
- Where: Chicago, IL (venue TBD)
- Why: The ABA expo showcases a plethora of products and services from a variety of industries, including accounting, continuing legal education, office equipment, and more. Non-legal and specialty vendors are also welcome for spouses and guests to enjoy.
- Registration: Registration for this event is not available yet.
- Extracurricular: See a baseball game, go to a symphony, or just explore the “Windy City” before the snow sets in.
Do you have another lawyer convention to recommend? Let us know in the comments below!
Law Practice Management Software
Latest posts by Law Practice Management Software (see all)
- Why a Client Portal Can Make or Break Your Legal Software - February 15, 2019
- The Family Law Software for Mac Users That Blends Form and Function - February 11, 2019
- Features that Set the Best Bankruptcy Software for Attorneys Apart - February 11, 2019