- Firm Name & Slogan: Weisberg & Associates / PROVIDING A MORE PERSONAL APPROACH IN LEGAL SERVICES
- Location: Boca Raton, FL
- What does your firm do? Personal Injury, Mass Tort, MDL, Class Action
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? The firm started off only doing Real Estate transactions and closings. We were able to provide services to many NFL players in the area. When the Concussion Settlement started to pick up, we decided our NFL clients could be a gateway for other retired guys in the league. I hired Luis Cartaya as an associate attorney, who was well known in the area, and also had plenty of awards and recognition. He and I thought we should expand to personal injury as our bread and butter, and get involved in MDL/Class Action cases as they come.Now we represent over 120 NFL players in concussion settlement litigation, and we are pursuing a lawsuit against the NHL for concussions. It’s really cool working with people you’ve had on your fantasy football team.Our attorneys have received multiple awards in the category of client satisfaction, including AVVO’s Clients’ Choice Award for every year starting in 2013, 10 Best in Client Satisfaction by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, just to name a few.We are also well-experienced, with over 30 years in the field of law combined: Voted Top 40 Under 40 by National Trial Lawyers, rated “Superb” by AVVO, and receiving various other awards for their legal competence.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? Excel Spreadsheets. What a mess that was. Now, everything is organized on PracticePanther.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? Custom Fields and tags allow us to search for specific types of cases in an ocean of others.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Keep fighting the good fight! Lately, there have been several cases that have taken a mental toll on all those involved, of course the clients and families, but on our attorneys and staff as well. Don’t lose sight of the real reasons why we became attorneys and represent our clients. At the end of the day, we must hold on to our principles and focus on doing what is right as opposed to only what personally benefits us as lawyers.