- Firm Name & Slogan: VANJOHNSON LAW FIRM, LLC “When results matter”
- Location: Northlake Office Park, 2295 Parklake Drive, NE, Suite 440, Atlanta, GA 30345
- What does your firm do? We represent people who have been seriously injured due to the negligence of another. In addition, we represent clients in contested divorce and custody matters.
- How did your firm start and how did it grow? Coming out of law school, after having served as an Infantry Squad Leader, and having worked in the Nuclear industry for several years, in addition to being a professional musician, my desire was to launch my own law practice. I worked at one Atlanta firm for 14 months then launched my own practice and never looked back.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? Over the years, I used several legal case management programs: Amicus Attorney, PracticeMaster and lastly Abacus Law. I was in a three year (purchase) agreement with Abacus Law. Then, at the end of the three year purchase agreement, I began receiving e-mail correspondence to “renew” for another three-year term at a higher cost than what I was paying to (supposedly) purchase the software. I was informed that Abacus switched from the purchase platform. So, I began looking around for other alternatives. I reviewed four (4) cloud based programs. But then I tried PracticePanther. Both myself and my staff were “blown away” by some of the features in PracticePanther. The “Client Portal” is a HUGE benefit. The portal allows secure communications between my office and clients, in addition to the ability to send and receive documents, keep clients updated with case status, and allows clients to make payments directly through the portal. We no longer have to send out “Status Letters”. We no longer have to mail “invoices”. And PracticePanther makes the billing process SO MUCH EASIER! PracticePanther makes it so much easier to track time, expense, and be readily aware of the financial status of invoices paid, due and billable.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther?The cell phone app which has all of the features right on your phone! PracticePanther is like a “breath of fresh air”!
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Advice for other lawyers and firms: I have been practicing law for over 19 years. I am constantly seeking ways to work more efficiently by utilizing available technology, as well as, ways to save time and money. I switched to PracticePanther and immediately reduced my monthly cost for legal case management software SIGNIFICANTLY. PracticePanther does not lock you in to a long-term contract, and the features are outstanding! So, if you are looking for a more efficient way to practice law, you should take a look at PracticePanther.