- Firm Name & Slogan: Tred Avon Legal LLC: Focused Legal Solutions for Healthcare Professionals.
- Location: Virtual Law Firm serving clients in Virginia and Maryland
- What does your firm do? Tred Avon Legal LLC provides experienced counsel to healthcare-industry professionals and businesses.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? I started my practice in a BigLaw firm, in one of the ten largest healthcare departments in the country. After nearly seven years in a great city—but one with no family ties—my wife and I decided to move back home to Maryland’s Eastern Shore. I’ve always wanted to run my own firm, so I founded Tred Avon Legal LLC to provide experienced counsel to healthcare-industry professionals and businesses.From the beginning, I wanted Tred Avon Legal LLC to be a virtual law firm. It wasn’t actually that much of a jump from my old practice, where I had a typical BigLaw office, but almost all of my client contact was online or over the phone. Operating virtually lets me provide large-firm quality services to clients in large cities and small towns alike.I also wanted to offer limited-scope representation because it allows clients to purchase only the services they need and to keep their legal spend efficient and predictable. This is how many large, sophisticated clients purchase legal services, but it also has the promise of increasing access to justice for smaller clients.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? I’ve actually had PracticePanther since before launching. I asked for advice from a lot of folks who started their own firms, and got a lot of great advice. In particular, one friend who has been very successful said she thought there were three things you really need to succeed from the start: a good CPA, a ScanSnap desktop scanner, and cloud-based practice-management software.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? I like being able to track all my matters, tasks, and contacts in one place, while integrating with my other cloud services, like Google Suite and Quickbooks Online.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Since I’m so new at running my own firm, the thing that helps me the most is staying humble, working hard, and not being afraid to ask for advice and help from folks who have done this before. It’s amazing how many of my old law school classmates have come out of the woodwork to offer advice.