- Firm Name & Slogan: Shupe Dhawan, Because not just any lawyer will do.
- Location: Fort Lauderdale and Weston, Florida
- What does your firm do? At Shupe Dhawan, we offer a wide range of services in several practice areas in order to help our clients protect what is most important to them. Our primary practice areas include:Estate planning, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney and guardianships
Probate and estate administration
Real estate law and transactions
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? The firm partners, Michelle Shupe-Abbas and Neil Dhawan, met while working together in the litigation department at a previous law firm. The nature of their positions required them to work closely together each day to ensure that all the litigation matters within the firm were handled properly. Both having the entrepreneurial spirit and having worked together for so long, they decided to open their own law firm in 2013.The partners have worked diligently to grow a successful law practice. An expansion is planned in the near future and the firm will be adding several new attorneys and staff soon.With decades of combined legal experience between them, Neil and Michelle possess the skills and resources necessary to achieve client’s needs and goals no matter how complex the case.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? We had lots of procedures in place that were labor intensive and required constant printing and then scanning back into our files. We kept everything in folders on our network. Now we are able to create checklists and intake forms to send to the client directly that automatically update the file in PracticePanther without any data entry on our part. We are working on getting our forms into the system so then we can just merge whatever is necessary.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? We like how it seamlessly integrates with many of our existing software programs such as Quickbooks and LawPay.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? When setting goals and determining our direction for the firm we work hard to not limit our thinking. Whatever you believe, you can achieve. Strong firm ethics, good procedures, and a great working environment are extremely important to a firm’s success as well.