- Firm Name & Slogan: Roemerman Law
- Location: 11 Broadway, #615, New York, NY 10004
- What does your firm do? Roemerman Law applies Wall Street intelligence and efficiency to Main Street, genuinely caring about our clients while enjoying the benefits we bring to their lives. We help immigrants, businesses, and people with international legal needs better their lives by providing them with legitimate solutions to their problems.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? Roemerman Law was founded in 2016 by David Roemerman, a former Wall St. attorney and executive at several major banks. Mr. Roemerman and a few colleagues set out to form a different kind of law firm – one having high-level expertise and functionality, but with a passionate focus on customer service seldom seen on Wall Street or at many of the large law firms. We put our clients’ needs first and believe that our job is to help better their lives, not merely perform legal services for a fee. To further this objective, Roemerman Law joined forces with the Tokunbo Orimobi Legal Group, an international syndicate of over 20 lawyers , with offices on three continents, dedicated to being primus inter pares (“first among equals,” or the leader of the group). It is with that aim that we look forward to serving you and helping guide you toward a better tomorrow.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? I (founder, Dave Roemerman) am a “why guy” and a “systems guy.” I did a few one-off business incorporations prior to forming the firm with some others, before I had many clients. I knew, however, that when (or if) things picked up, I would want to focus on getting clients (marketing), keeping them happy (customer service, follow-up), and solving their problems (resolving the actual legal work). What I didn’t want to do was spend hours organizing and printing invoices, taking down client info (or paying a secretary/clerk/paralegal to do so), and organizing who and what goes where and how – I would rather spend some of that extra time making a phone call/crafting an email to update my clients on the status of their affairs in my hands.Practice Panther has been exceptionally useful. I use the intake forms to streamline the intake process, not to mention impress clients when I hand them an iPad on which to fill out their information, on a branded screen. My tracking and billing are there in one place and easy, limiting time spent being anything other than a manager and a lawyer, as well as giving me a certainty that things are done correctly.After a six client, a 24k week with another dozen or so potential clients in the pipeline, I am blessed to be far too busy to spend my time tracking a lot of the background things, such as the accounting, back-linking, client relationships (I have one matter with, eventually, 15 people and multiple side issues), and other “business” tasks. I am busy lawyering – Practice Panther gives me the freedom to focus on the clients’ legal needs while knowing my business needs are not being neglected.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? It is incredibly well thought out. It is slick. Clearly, someone asked “what should this do, how should it look, how should it work” and went about making it so. This does what I need, how I would likely have decided to do it if I designed it, and in a way that makes it easy-to-use, fast, and highly efficient. Plain and simple, it is easily the best practice management software I have looked at (and I looked fairly deeply at 5 or 6, total). In short, it is overwhelmingly clear that PracticePanther talked to lawyers, asking what they wanted in such a software, how it should function, and what features were important – then they set about crafting a beautiful answer to our needs.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Embrace technology and partnerships. There is no putting the genie back in the bottle – Facebook, mobile traffic, internet advertising and online referrals – these things are here to stay and are dominant forces in the legal economy (and growing). In the same vein, tech can be leveraged to our great advantage. Software like PracticePanther allows us to focus on our legal work and our clients, rather than our systems and tracking everything…that’s incredibly valuable and, as such, should be embraced.