- Firm Name & Slogan: Radey, Warren, & Wynn–Affordable attorneys you can trust!
- Location: Boise, Idaho
- What does your firm do? At Radey, Warren, & Wynn, we believe that all people should have access to excellent legal service at a price affordable to them. We are a general-practice firm primarily focusing on Criminal Defense and Family Law. We believe compassion, collaboration, and communication are the bedrock of excellent service.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? Our law firm began out of a combination of necessity and desire to control our own careers. After being admitted into the Idaho State Bar, while looking for traditional positions with firms, we all reached the point of really needing incomes. At the same time, none of us relished the idea of starting solo practices as new lawyers. We talked about it and decided three heads were better than one, but more importantly that we all had different strengths that complimented the others well.In talking about what we wanted our law firm to be, we found that we all shared a belief that more people would hire attorneys if they could afford to; we wanted to make legal services affordable to everyone. We also decided that we wanted our firm to be very active in providing pro bono services. To this point, we average two open pro bono cases per partner at one time.The firm has grown quickly and, honestly, it has taken us a bit by surprise. Several of our clients have come to us by referral from colleagues, mentors, and clinics we participated at while we were students.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? Before PracticePanther we had started an Excel spreadsheet to log our contacts for conflicts checks. We created a joint email account with Gmail so our email would be centralized and that also gave us a central calendar that we all had access to in order to set appointments, record deadlines, etc. We also created a Dropbox account for file storage.While everything was low cost or free, all the parts felt scattered. PracticePanther pulls it all together in one beautiful, user-friendly interface. Now, instead of having to pull up 5 or 6 different apps/websites, we are able to pull up just one site and have everything right there. All of the components of PracticePanther are really easy to use. The entire program is designed for efficiency and ease of use. Color-coding allows you to see and understand your financial details in mere seconds. Tasks, events, and timekeeping are easy.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? Hands down, our favorite thing about PracticePanther is the superior support staff. If you have a problem and leave a message after hours in the chat box, you get a response generally within the hour. There is also training videos and a help center that will help you find the help that you need.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? As soon as you start your firm, make the investment for at least one team member to have firm management software; don’t wait. If your firm grows quickly, like ours did, there will be precious little time to make the transition later. There are several programs out there, many offer free trials. Take the programs for a “test drive” and find the one that works best for the people of your team. Discuss the pros and cons of each program. For us, PracticePanther was the most intuitive and comfortable. I would fully endorse PracticePanther and whole-heartedly recommend it. I tried other programs prior to deciding on PracticePanther; for me, the others were not nearly as user-friendly or intuitive.