- Firm Name & Slogan: Potomac Litigation – Navigating the complex
- Location: Northern Virginia and the District of Columbia
- What does your firm do? Potomac Litigation handles commercial, corporate, and consumer litigation, focusing on contract disputes, business torts, personal injury, consumer protection, and data privacy. Our product is world-class legal services custom tailored to our clients’ unique needs and goals. Our passion is seeing our clients achieve their ambitions.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? Potomac Litigation was founded by Tom Cummins, a former merchant marine master captain and the senior litigation associate at one of the most prestigious firms in the world. There, his practice focused on high-stakes commercial, corporate, and cybersecurity disputes.Before entering private practice, Tom clerked for two judges: Judge Thomas Ludington of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, and Judge Michael Devine of the Circuit Court of Fairfax, Virginia. Today, Tom’s office overlooks the Fairfax Circuit Court.Tom founded Potomac Litigation with a straightforward philosophy. Legal problems happen. When they do, you want the best legal services available. Potomac Litigation is dedicated to delivering elite solutions at reasonable rates.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? As a new firm, Potomac Litigation had a patchwork of systems to handle timekeeping, accounting, invoicing, calendaring, indexing, and case management. These systems were slow, manual, and decentralized.PracticePanther integrated all of these functions into a seamless, intuitive, and reliable system. And PracticePanther’s exceptional customer support team made the transition painless and immediate.Our clients trust us with their most important matters. And we trust PracticePanther to securely maintain and organize all of our matters.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? Our favorite thing about PracticePanther is the software’s intuitive design. A close second, however, is the wonderful customer service team and comprehensive library of training materials for when we have questions about the software or want to optimize it for our particular needs as a firm.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Do what you love. You’ll be happier and, more often than not, do better work.At Potomac Litigation, we love complex civil litigation. We’re very grateful to PracticePanther for freeing up more of our time to practice what we love.