- Firm Name & Slogan: Ness & Jett, LLC
- Location: 2878 Main Hwy., Bamberg, SC 29003
- What does your firm do? Ness & Jett, LLC, provides a variety of legal services including: compensation for injuries in car wrecks and medical malpractice, worker’s compensation claims, estates, wills, defense and many other services. Richard Ness and Norma A. T. Jett are certified circuit court mediators.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? Ness & Jett, LLC, is a family firm, providing a small-town attorney feeling and charm. The office has undergone a number of renovations, and the business now employs 10 full-time positions, including 5 attorneys, 4 paralegals and other staff. Ness & Jett, LLC, also employs local, stand-out high school students. The firm was founded by Richard Ness and Norma A. T. Jett in 2007. The firm’s other lawyers include Alison Dennis Hood, Adam Ness, and Aaron Ness. The origins of the firm trace back to the 1970s, when now Circuit Judge D. A. “Jack” Early, III, opened his practice at the 2878 Main Highway office in Bamberg. Former Chief Justice Julius B “Bubba” Ness joined the firm after his retirement from the South Carolina Supreme Court Bench in the late 1980s and practiced law with this firm until his passing in 1991.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? Before PracticePanther, everything was done with paper or inferior time-keeping software that failed more often than not. PracticePanther has consolidates years of rolodexes, and it is making our work more efficient. The reports are great for allowing the partners to keep track of their business, as a whole.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? Email integration allows us to track emails, which have typically gone uncompensated.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry?