- Firm Name & Slogan: MMG Law LLC
- Location: Madison, Wisconsin
- What does your firm do? We provide a wide variety of immigration services to families and victims, including family petitions, adjustment of status, naturalization, removal defense, asylum and applications for victim-based relief. Everyone in the firm is fluent in English and Spanish.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? I started my practice in 2013 as a sole practitioner, interested in serving families in the local Spanish-Speaking community. We have expanded to serve throughout the state and have grown to include two attorneys and five support staff in the past four years.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? We used another practice management software (Clio) but were dissatisfied with the unwieldy way it handled tasks, billing and several other features. We enjoy the improved customization of fields, better task management and clearer and more accessible interface Practice Panther has provided our firm.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? As immigration lawyers, our cases are very person-centric and fact-oriented, but we are also high-volume. We need to collect specific set of facts from each individual about their status and circumstances. Practice Panther allows us to tailor our contacts to quickly include the information needed in separate fields so we have all the data at our fingertips as we move through the process. In addition, it is easy to quickly add news to a person’s file using the “what’s happening” feature found in each person. This lets everyone in the office know what is going on in a case, an essential feature in a high-volume office.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Get practice management software and spend some time to customize your practice management to better automate and regularize the processes you go through in your cases.