- Firm Name & Slogan: McKINNON LEGAL Helping Families Eliminate Dysfunction & Get Their Houses in Order
- Location: Miramar, FL
- What does your firm do? We focus much of our practice on family law, so we can guide clients through the challenges they face, no matter what they are. We can help to ensure that in the event of a divorce, their legal rights remain secure. Our strength lies in our creative skills, honed through over a decade of focus on family law. Our understanding of the complicated issues we face together with our clients, along with the reputation that precedes us, frequently leads to deftly and efficiently negotiated resolutions.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? I took a leap of faith and started my firm in 2004. No seed money, no loans, no investors. I got involved in the legal community as well as the community at large, and the clients came. I have been very fortunate to rise quickly into leadership positions that have connected me with the right contacts and potential referral sources. Most importantly, our growth is attributed to really listening to our clients and ensuring we are getting them what they want. Trust is paramount; listening and acting on the client’s needs is how you build trust. Getting our referral sources and clients to trust us is how we grew our firm.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? Prior to PracticePanther, we handled intake manually by filling out a paper form. We tracked our leads, consultations and completed follow up by individually listing them and scheduling a follow up deadline on our calendar. PracticePanther is the ideal solution and has allowed us to eliminate most of your repeated data entry, automate follow ups and reminders, and it interfaces with each of our payment collection, billing and calendaring systems.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? The Client Portal, Invoicing and Client Intake Forms are the most valuable to our firm. Each feature has given a lot of time back to our staff to be able to service more clients.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? The right law practice management software can enable you to run your office more efficiently from any computer. Whether I am attending a conference or on vacation, I can ensure my staff and I are on the same page with case statuses, tasks and our case load. PracticePanther is perfect for large or small firms and easy to navigate.