- Firm Name & Slogan: Lorincz Law Office, PLLC
- Location: 12 Church Street, North Attleboro, MA
- What does your firm do? Personalized, timely, and effective legal solutions for individuals and businesses. Focusing on business, employment, intellectual property and litigation matters.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? I was formerly a partner in a long established midsized firm and decided to open my own practice. Among the reasons for that decision was my desire to drastically reduce overhead by leveraging technology and eliminating inefficiencies. The combination of having a background in information systems and being a solo practitioner has enabled me to be lean and adaptable. Moreover, employing cloud based technologies provides the flexibility to work at virtually any time or location.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? When I began practicing we did not have a practice management system and the practice operated the “old fashioned” way. For example, paper timesheets that were physically filled out by hand, then entered into the billing software by staff, then printed and provided to attorneys for review, who then made edits/corrections to the bills by hand again, only to have staff enter the edits/corrections back into the billing software. Talk about cumbersome and inefficient.My former firm transitioned to a practice management system a few years ago, however, it was clunky, had an unintuitive interface that required too many steps to perform actions, and did not have all of the functionality required. It was definitely an improvement over the “old fashioned” methods of running a law practice, but left much too be desired.Accordingly, when I opened my own office, I wanted something better and researched other practice management systems. I ultimately selected PracticePanther and could not be more pleased. It is intuitive, cloud based, and seamlessly integrates with other cloud based technologies, e.g. email, calendaring, document storage, credit card processing, etc… It is a very user friendly portal to running your entire law practice.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? The invoicing is amazing — bordering on magical. What years ago was a time consuming and cumbersome process has been reduced to a few clicks of the mouse. In about 15 seconds you can generate an invoice, send it to a client electronically, and accept payment online.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Use technology to streamline and manage your practice. Spend your time focusing on legal work and helping clients, not office management. You’ll be happier and more profitable.