- Firm Name & Slogan: Leoni Law
- Location: Walnut Creek, California but practice throughout Northern California.
- What does your firm do? “Be Persistent, Be Passionate, and Be Persuasive” My firm tenaciously and passionately helps clients in employment, administrative, and criminal matters, with a focus on public employment and unions. It also assists and advocates for victims of crime in criminal and civil court.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? My clients come to me at some of the worst times of their lives. They have often been wrongfully fired, facing pervasive harassment or discrimination, or been victimized by a criminal defendant. They not only want, and need, an experienced and determined advocate, but also someone who cares. By hiring Leoni Law, my clients get experience, passion, and dogged determination. In fact, I have been called a pit bull a time or two before. I like to think of myself, and my firm, as a pit bull with heart.It helps that I “cut my teeth” (see what I did there!) as a prosecutor, and then handled some of the toughest cases in my field at law firm primarily representing public safety officers and unions. However, after 10+ years working almost exclusively for and with law enforcement, and working for other people, I realized that it was time to branch out. I was, and am, grateful for my experiences and mentors, but I wanted to expand my skills and legal expertise, and be my own boss doing so. Thus, Leoni Law was born.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? Being a new firm and a newly solo practitioner, I wanted the most efficient way to do it all — enter my time and expenses, invoice, communicate with clients, use intake templates, etc. More, I practice throughout Northern California and log a lot of travel time meeting with clients, attending arbitrations or court appearances, or at speaking engagements. With that, I needed easy access on my laptop or phone to a law practice management system.Previously, I did not have the ability to easily and quickly access a law practice management system. I also had numerous systems for entering time, tracking potential clients, invoicing, and the like. I love that I can use Practice Panther as a “one stop shop”, even to pay bills, and that I can use it anywhere and on any device. It has made the hectic life of a newly solo and “on-the-go”, mobile attorney much easier. I no longer have to worry about spending too much time on pesky administrative tasks.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? Other than it being a “one stop shop” and the ease of accessibility, I have been impressed with Practice Panther’s ability to respond to my specific needs. A significant amount of my work is for unions and clients with multiple matters. Initially, Practice Panther was unable handle invoicing and billing for an individual contact with multiple matters. However, I approached them with my needs and they created a “fix” to their system within a week. They also followed up to ensure that I was satisfied. I was certainly impressed by Practice Panther’s speed and attentiveness.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Be brave! Go out there and try for your ideal client no matter what your size. Recently, I met with a 5,000 member union to discuss my firm’s services. I thought signing my firm was a long shot due to its newness and size. But, the union board loved my experience, passion, and personal attention and signed my firm to at our first meeting! I have quickly learned not to limit myself or what my firm can do.