- Firm Name & Slogan: Leichtman Law PLLC: Trial Lawyers Pursuing Business Solutions
- Location: New York
- What does your firm do? Leichtman Law is a trial law firm that handles international and domestic business and intellectual property litigation of all types, including in the media & entertainment, financial services, and life sciences industries, among others.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? After twenty years working in large firms, David Leichtman started Leichtman Law in April 2017 to directing his energies into a more nimble practice. As a trial lawyer, he has always been focused on his clients’ business goals, and he is excited by the growth potential of a business model which creates opportunities for clients to resolve disputes more efficiently than can be done at larger firms.Mr. Leichtman is joined by experienced commercial and IP litigators Richard A. Mescon, Matthew McFarlane and Tatsuya Adachi (all formerly of Robins Kaplan), David H. Brill (former General Counsel and Corporate Secretary of Gemini Trust Company) and Shevani Jaisingh (formerly of Sullivan & Cromwell and Greenberg Traurig). Leichtman Law plans to grow to at least 25 lawyers.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? We used a proprietary and expensive custom system at my prior firm. Since starting the new firm, we have been happily using Practice Panther as it integrates all of the functions we need to operate as a firm.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? The way it helps us collaborate.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Be bold, and deliver client work on time and on budget.