- Firm Name & Slogan: Lawfully Yours
- Location: Aurora, Ontario, Canada
- What does your firm do? Small Claims Court, Civil matters up to $25,000, Landlord and Tenant Tribunals, Human Rights, Quasi Criminal, theft under $5,000, Provincial Offences, Hwy traffic, and more. See www.lawfullyours.com for a full review of all the legal services offered by Lawfully Yours.
See this promotional video for a quick review of the parameters within which a licensed paralegal work.
Jaclyn is also an accredited mentor with the L.S.U.C.
Her upcoming continuing education will feature; Professionally Speaking, Sound Advice! See; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk9C0_wonQw
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? Jaclyn P. Solomon, B.A., is a Licensed Paralegal with over 40 years experience in business, communications, and people skills. Licensed by the Law Society of Upper Canada, since 2010, Jaclyn graduated with honours while she continued to work at the Markham law office of E. Bruce Solomon. Jaclyn opened Lawfully Yours, in February of 2010. Jaclyn comes from a family of lawyers. Experienced in drafting legal briefs, proof reading, initial client interviews, processing, and servicing, her computer skills include, PC Law, Quick Law, Fast Company, Microsoft Office, Mac Works, LawStream Pro.,Practice Panther, and online research. Jaclyn has been a member of A.C.T.R.A. since 1982. Her other affiliations include memberships with CREA, OREA, RECO, and TREB, and she holds a valid real estate license for both residential and commercial real estate throughout Ontario. Jaclyn performed as professional musician, vocalist, and voice over artist, member of A.C.T.R.A., for over 25 years. Jaclyn was involved with many radio and television productions but she is proudest of her two children, her greatest productions ever! Shauna is completing her doctorate and Braedon is an accomplished producer, musician and luthier. Jaclyn’s children were both born in Los Angeles during a lull in the earthquakes, fires and riots during the 90’s. Moving back to terra firma, Toronto has been her home since late 1994. Jaclyn graduated with honours, continued her studies at College followed by Concordia University in Montreal, and York University in Toronto. Jaclyn’s voice was regularly heard on television and radio and some excerpts can still be heard @ www.jackiesolomon.com. Jaclyn was honoured with several awards for her public speaking and writing skills throughout the 80’s and 90’s. She won the Yamaha Battle of the Bands two years in row, and performed nightly for 20 years. She has uniquely combined her creative skills, love of the law, with her own firm, Lawfully Yours. She has owned and operated her own website designing firm, There’s No Page Like Home, clothing design companies including, Silk’d to the Skin, and Baby me Baby, as well as a faux finishing company, Off the Wall Designs. She was the Ontario sales manager for over 5 major Quebec based corporations, excelling in her upper managerial organization, nationwide sales, and creativity. She continues to write for online and print publications. She has a loyal following who frequent her blog. Jaclyn is also the CEO of Concrete Evidence an environmentally friendly concrete design company throughout Ontario. Jaclyn is a proud accredited mentor by the L.S. U.C., and placement office for her paralegal students. Jaclyn has studied voice with many great Canadian teachers since 1975 and continues to see the value in using your greatest tool, vocal technique! Jaclyn is proud to present, “Sound Advice,” demonstrating to the legal profession; how to talk the talk, and how best to communicate, project, and deliver your message through the ‘best practice’ of your sounding board! While speech is how you use words, voice is how you create sound. Your voice is part of who you are and what you believe. Jaclyn P. Solomon is, Lawfully Yours!
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? I used Lawstream, one of the only legal softwares I could find 8 years ago when I set up Lawfully Yours having my office MAC based. Lawstream did not continue to offer me what I needed and did not allow me to grow towards a paperless outlook. Practice Panther’s team and 24 hour assistance has been amazing.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? User friendly and the support always there when needed!
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Stay current, take impeccable notes, and be ready for that practice audit in moments! Practice in your Practise!