- Firm Name & Slogan: The Law Offices of Michael Rada, LLC
- Location: Barrington, Illinois
- What does your firm do? The firm is a solo transactional law firm concentrating on small to mid-sized companies. In addition, the firm serves individuals in will and trust drafting, and related matters. Also, as this is a general practice firm, other matters are welcome as well.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? My law firm is basically my life’s dream come true! I have worked in the business sector for over 25 years mainly in the areas of IT and procurement. I have spent a significant amount of time working with contracts and negotiating deals. The logical next career step was to become an attorney and assist business clients and individuals in their many transactional matters. The law firm is the result of 4 years as a non-traditional law student while working full time.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? PracticePanther has been with my newly created firm since day one. I am a strong believer in both a paperless operation as well as one that is streamlined and efficient. After researching the similar products, PracticePanther stood out as the strongest in the areas of ease to learn, ease to use and adaptability. Matter management can become quite burdensome – especially for the new attorney. But this stress was certainly reduced by PracticePaanther matter management tools.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? Although the tool has many functions, it is still very easy to customize. No need to make use of all of the functions day one. It is easy to work the separate modules into the firm’s workflow. Also, the timekeeping, matter management and invoice management is such a time saver. Finally, the reporting tools are invaluable and the ability to download the data in several formats is yet another key to efficiency.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Time management and organization is critical. Although it is possible to do it by spreadsheet or paper and pencil, for me the use of an all-inclusive cloud based tool is critical. I firmly believe that automation and tools should be the enablers of the law firm such that they are always part of the workflow, but never the thing that we need to focus on. PracticePanther does just that – it helps me run my firm in the manner that I want – but always frees up my attention so that it can be directed to my client’s needs.