- Firm Name & Slogan: Law Offices of Andrea L. Gamalski, LLC. – Affordable Divorce and Family Law Solutions, Professional, Results-Driven Attorneys, First Communication is free.
- Location: 303 Clinton Ave., Kingston, NY 12401
- What does your firm do? We are a full service family and matrimonial law firm. We provide high quality aggressive representation for an affordable price. We offer flat based fee-services, so clients have an idea of the cost going into the representation. We handle all aspects of family and matrimonial issues, uncontested divorce, contested divorce, custody, visitation, and modifications, child support, paternity, and domestic violence litigation.
- How did your firm start and how did it grow? After falling in love, getting married and having a child, I thought that I would begin living a white picket fence life. Unfortunately, I was shocked to discover that the man I married was not who I believed him to be. Things reached a critical point and it was unsafe for us to be in the home. Through the wise counsel of a dear friend, I went to family court, where I filed a family offense and emergency custody petition.Thereafter, I retained an attorney at a large reputable firm. Although she was highly recommended, after may months of litigation, I left feeling frustrated by the lack of communication or information offered by my lawyer. At that moment, I had a clear realization that I had to devote my life to counseling and advocating for parents, children, and families.We appreciate how difficult it is to make a decision to finally leave an unhealthy marriage or relationship. We also understand that this emotionally wrenching step is further compounded by years of relinquishing power to the abuser. We understand that you may have been living in an environment where you had no access to marital bank accounts, checking accounts or credit cards. We understand that you may feel powerless to pursue a divorce or custody action because you cannot access these resources. Rest assured that we have a solution.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? Before Practice Panther, I had to hand detail itemized billing statements. Generating an invoice could take hours. Now, it takes a few seconds. I had to input time in my calendar manually every day, often losing valuable hours. Even though I charge flat fees, the hours I spend on the case determine the flat fee I quote on that particular matter. Before Practice Panther, I could not accurately assess my time keeping. Practice Panther has allowed me to feel organized and on top of every matter, so I can focus on growing the firm.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? I like being able to easily track my time on a matter by clicking a button.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? The one thing I hear again and again from client is that their attorney’s do not return phone calls. Please, please please, implement a system in your firm to keep communication lines open with clients. If you implement a checklist and training system for your staff, you should not have to be the one to return calls, but someone who can make meaningful client contact must be available. Systems!!
Follow Alder IP: