- Firm Name & Slogan: The Law Office of Scott M. Aaronson, PLLC – 877-I-CAN-WIN
- Location: Serving Oakland, Wayne and Macomb Counties (Detroit / Metro Detroit area)
- What does your firm do? Our firm focuses on criminal and civil litigation. With criminal litigation, there is a significant emphasis on DUI related matters and with civil litigation, there is an emphasis on real estate. Scott received a Juris Doctorate from the University of Toledo. He also has a Masters of Business Administration from the University of Toledo. Since opening his firm in 2010, Scott has been named by The National Trial Lawyers as Top 40 Under 40 and Top 100 overall in the state of Michigan. He has since been profiled by Cranes Business Magazine and ranked, “Superb” by AVVO, the highest designation available. He has also been consistently named A “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers, a designation given only to the top 2.5% of practicing attorneys.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? I opened my firm directly out of law school. Originally I partnered with older attorneys that were extremely knowledgeable with the legal system but less knowledgeable with marketing. I would provide the clients, they would provide the legal sophistication and knowledge to make sure that our service was top notch. Eventually, our reputation grew for doing amazing work for our clients and my legal skills grew to match my marketing skills.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? Before PracticePanther all of our systems were separate. We used a mixture pf dropbox and paper files for file storage and another system for invoicing. There was another payment system that we used for Credit Card Transactions. We also used excel spreadsheets for time management and Google Calendar for scheduling. These systems did not communicate with each other.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? I love how every aspect is integrated into one single place. I particularly love that I spend less time calling people trying to get paid for invoices or even entering information between systems. I also like the workflow and template features. Things like text message appointment reminders and online access to invoices make our firm look super professional. Most importantly, I spend less time on administrative functions and more time doing what I do best, practicing the law.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? There is no substitute for providing an amazing service, always being there and caring for your client. When your client sees that you work hard for them, and most importantly care, they will always be in your corner.
Follow The Law Office of Scott M. Aaronson, PLLC:
Law Practice Management Software
Latest posts by Law Practice Management Software (see all)
- Why a Client Portal Can Make or Break Your Legal Software - February 15, 2019
- The Family Law Software for Mac Users That Blends Form and Function - February 11, 2019
- Features that Set the Best Bankruptcy Software for Attorneys Apart - February 11, 2019