- Firm Name & Slogan: Law Office of John Freeman (“Experience counts when your liberty is at risk”)
- Location: 3150 Livernois Rd., Ste. 270, Troy, MI 48083
- What does your firm do? We defend people accused of federal crimes and state crimes, including violent crimes, drug crimes, white collar, financial, and computer crimes, corruption charges, immigration and international crimes, DUI/OWI/OUIL, juvenile offenses, and self-defense cases. We are aggressive, strategic, tough, honest, dependable, and are determined to succeed on behalf of our clients.
- How did your firm start and how did it grow? In 2007, the Law Office of John Freeman, PLLC opened to defend people accused of federal and state crimes. Attorney John Freeman believes that every accused person deserves a strong defense and so he works strategically and aggressively to defend his clients’ rights and freedom.Over a 23-year law career, attorney John Freeman has only practiced criminal law and has handled nearly every type of criminal case. After graduating from law school, Mr. Freeman spent seven years as a local prosecutor in the New York County District Attorney’s Office in Manhattan. Mr. Freeman handled a wide range of criminal cases, including murder, narcotics, sexual assault, robbery, burglary, auto theft, domestic violence, weapons, welfare fraud, drunk driving, gang crime, and other violent and white collar crimes. Mr. Freeman then moved to Detroit and spent seven years as a federal prosecutor with the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Michigan. There, Mr. Freeman handled a variety of federal criminal matters including murder, weapons and narcotics trafficking, immigration and international crime, official corruption, and white-collar fraud.
With his exceptional experience of investigative, interviewing, negotiating, writing, and trial skills, he fights relentlessly for his clients’ rights and freedom.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? Before PracticePanther we were using too much paper, and non-integrated software leading to double and triple entry of data, if not relying on pages and pages of physical paper.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? Favorite thing about PracticePanther is the ability to incorporate features as needed in order to individualize the experience not only for the firm as a whole, but across the different users within the firm itself.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? The advice that I’d give is to consider value when seeking law practice management software, and start any comparison with PracticePanther since for most small firms and solo practitioners, I think it would serve most if not all needs.
Follow Law Office of John Freeman: