- Firm Name & Slogan: And Justice Legal, LLC- Let Right Be Done
- Location: 5600 Eubank Blvd, NE, Suite 195, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87111
- What does your firm do? And Justice Legal provides family law, domestic violence, and criminal legal services to clients seeking understanding and guidance through difficult situations, so clients can find a better path on the other side. That path may connect clients with resources to address personal challenges, destructive choices, needed skill sets, or boundaries.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? Melanie J. Rhodes, the founding partner of And Justice Legal, graduated Magna Cum Laude from Georgetown University’s School of Foreign Service in 1983 and is a member of Phi Beta Kappa. Ms. Rhodes received her Juris Doctorate in August 2000 from the University of New Mexico School of Law. At graduation Ms. Rhodes received the Atkinson Kelsey Award of Excellence in Family Law in recognition of her drafting and lobbying the first statute in New Mexico to require the domestic relations courts to consider domestic violence prior to awarding custody of a child. Upon passing the bar, Ms. Rhodes became an associate attorney with her former firm until 2006, when she was made a partner. She has primarily focused in the area of family law for the past seventeen years and has received recognition as a Board Certified Family Law Specialist in 2015 from the New Mexico Supreme Court. Ms. Rhodes took advantage of an opportunity to establish her own start up firm in July 2017, so she could avidly pursue the reasons she became an attorney. She herself experienced the unfair manner the courts treat people and will fight to empower, train, and equip people to get on a better path.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? From the opening of my own firm, I looked forward to using PracticePanther, because my productivity and time management at my prior firm was sabotaged on a daily basis by the antiquated billing software and lack of integration between platforms. I have been using PracticePanther for two weeks at this point, and I am thrilled by the ease I can conduct business, track hours, set reminders, and bill clients. There are work flow tools and other useful tools that I can improve my productivity even further. I have found PracticePanther employees to be extremely helpful, and they genuinely want my law firm to succeed. Users can schedule unlimited trainings to address questions, chat, or call PracticePanther. I had considered using Clio, but was not impressed with their lack of customer communication. In addition, I have compared notes with another sole practitioner that elected to use Clio, and she has found the calendar cannot be color-coded and the notifications of messages is for all practical purposes unnoticeable.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? It is very difficult to answer this question, because I have not found anything I dislike about PracticePanther. However, one of my favorite features is I can move seamlessly from using PracticePanther on my Microsoft Word computer in the office to my iphone when I am on my way to Court. It makes it very easy to capture billing with the timer while at court, and then to take a snapshot of the receipt for parking and attach it to the client’s matter as an expense. PracticePanther helps you to be very organized, especially sole practitioners.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Try PracticePanther. It is worth every penny and more for the time saving techniques and tools included to manage your law firm.