- Firm Name & Slogan: Jennifer McCall, Attorney at Law, LLC
- Location: Corso Law Center at 427 Green Street NW, Gainesville, GA 30501
- What does your firm do? I focus on family and probate law.
- How did your firm start and how did it grow? When I was 15, my family faced a terrifying legal situation. My parents didn’t speak English well so I accompanied my parents when they consulted with attorneys. Many of the attorneys we met cut us off and told us the case was hopeless. One attorney, Dan Summer, truly listened, understood the nuances of the case, and gave us hope. He ultimately won the case and he told me I should be an attorney. I wanted to be for others what he was to our family. While in law school, I said that I would do anything but family law because I went through a nasty divorce so I was sure it would be too painful. While I worked at a general practice firm, I realized that I could use my experience to help others and I was drawn to family law. I left general practice to work at a family law firm before starting my own family law firm in my hometown.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? I worked at a law firm that used expensive legal management software. Before starting my own firm, I spoke with my friends who had recently open their own firm at Clark, Lowery, Lumpkin in Atlanta, Georgia. They introduced me to PracticePanther so I signed up as soon as I opened my own firm. I have been so impressed with PracticePanther. It’s actually more user friendly and offers more tools than the expensive program at my last firm. The free demonstrations, videos, and support are amazing as well. Using a program like PracticePanther makes keeping up with your time, accounts, and invoicing a breeze so you can better focus on your clients.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? I love the wonderful support. I can (and do) call and email Tommy whenever I need help. PracticePanther really listens and welcomes feedback from attorneys on how to improve their program.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? I was a client before I was an attorney. My advice to other lawyers is to remember that people come to you at the hardest time of their lives and so you must work hard to honor the trust these clients have placed in you.
Follow Jennifer McCall, Attorney at Law, LLC: