- Firm Name & Slogan: J Edgar Law
- Location: Hermosa Beach, California
- What does your firm do? We represent individuals and companies in business disputes and contract negotiations in California and across jurisdictions, with a particular focus on representing businesses in the real estate, property management, and auto dealership space.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? J Edgar Law is the vision of Jon Edgar, a former BigLaw partner and General Counsel. The mission is to provide top rate business legal services in an efficient manner at reasonable hourly rates and/or flexible billing arrangements, and to serve as “outside” General Counsel to businesses that may have limited in-house, legal resources.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? Previously, I used another online provider for billing only. Practice Panther has added practice management to the mix, and has substantially streamlined billing and operations. The best part is that a technologically-challenged person, such as myself, can use the software with minimal training – and the support staff is there if you need it.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? Lightning fast time entry and invoicing and advanced practice management tools all in an extremely easy to use interface and platform
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Find a good mentor to help learn your trade and take on as many challenges early in your practice as possible. Early mistakes and lessons will make you a better lawyer.