- Firm Name & Slogan: J. Brooks Davis, P.C.
- Location: Charleston, South Carolina
- What does your firm do? Brooks’ practice focuses in aviation/drone law, criminal defense, DUI, traffic violations and motor vehicle accidents.
- How did your firm start and how did it grow? Brooks graduated from the University of South Carolina with a degree in finance and attended the Charleston School of Law. After college, Brooks worked for Merrill Lynch as a financial consultant helping people reach their investment goals. In 1991, Brooks co-founded an aircraft charter and management company based in Charleston, South Carolina. He started several other businesses including aircraft dealerships, service centers and FBOs, and sold multi-million dollar jets for one of the world’s leading aircraft brokerages. On the morning of September 11, 2001, Brooks piloted a flight into New York City and personally witnessed the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center. After this, he decided to leave the private sector and pursue a career in public service. Brooks attended the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia, and later served the City of Charleston as a police officer. As a police officer Brooks served in patrol, traffic and was chief pilot of the aviation unit. Brooks uses this experience in his law practice and focuses on aviation/drone law, criminal defense, DUI, traffic violations and motor vehicle accidents.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? I used an Outlook interface to manage my practice prior to using Practice Panther. Practice Panther has helped my practice in that it is cloud based and available to me always unlike desktop programs. Practice Panther provides an excellent snapshot of my practice and has helped me save my clients’ money by not having to replicate tasks. Practice Panther has also improved my bottom line through its time and billing functions.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? My favorite thing about Practice Panther is the ingenuity that went into creating a management platform that lawyers can relate to. I am also impressed with the fast response time for technical support and the developer’s willingness to consider any improvements. Practice Panther is definitely client driven.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? My advice to other attorneys is to focus their practice on select areas rather than trying to be a “jack of all trades”. Be selective of your clients, do not take on everyone that comes to you for representation. It is very important to make sure your administrative systems are in place. Your firm will fail without strong infrastructure.
Follow The Law Offices of J. Brooks Davis: