- Firm Name & Slogan: Hoffer & Sheremet PLC – Excellence, Integrity, Efficiency
- Location: 4690 East Fulton Street, STE 102 Ada, MI 49301
- What does your firm do? Hoffer & Sheremet is a boutique litigation and appellate firm. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional quality legal services at a reasonable cost to our clients. How do we accomplish that? We do not engage in the rote practice of law. We appreciate the nuances of each individual case. At the same time, we are experts in our practice areas and our clients’ industries. This allows us to efficiently analyze each issue. We provide continual and accurate case assessments. We believe that an attorney’s role is to advise her client of the costs, risks, and benefits of various actions. Our clients are fully informed and advised throughout the litigation and appellate process, allowing them to decide the direction they want their case to take. We tell it like it is.We practice with the utmost integrity. We feel that our clients should be the beneficiaries of our efficiency, so we employ only honest billing practices.We believe in establishing strong, long-term relationships with our clients. We care about our clients and their legal issues. Their problems become our problems. When we can ease some of that burden, allowing our clients to sleep better at night, then we are satisfied with a job well done.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? We worked together at a large law firm. They felt the bureaucracy associated with a large firm prevented them from focusing on the actual practice of law and doing the best job possible for their clients. Leaving big law has allowed us to focus on our clients, and their needs, individually, without the pressure of chasing billable hours to cover excessive overhead. To maintain a small client-centered firm with a large caseload, we needed to utilize as much technology as possible, including case management software that was both efficient and effective.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? Before PracticePanther, our case management system was not integrated and not user-friendly. PracticePanther has provided us with a platform that is very user-friendly, for us and for our clients. We can communicate securely with clients and send confidential records to our expert witnesses in full compliance with HIPAA.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? Being able to share and work on documents simultaneously fosters a team-centered approach to handling cases. We love the filing system – being able to create folders and subfolders with ease really makes for an efficient practice.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? For those looking to start their own firm, find a reliable case management software program that incorporates file sharing, document management, invoicing and a client portal. This will greatly improve efficiency, which is key to running a small firm.