- Firm Name & Slogan: Hawkins Law
- Location: Columbia, SC
- What does your firm do? All areas of family law, primarily divorce and custody matters. Professional licensing defense work before the state licensing boards.
- How did your firm start and how did it grow? I was a prosecutor for the state licensing boards, and though I liked the work, I missed having clients (I was in private practice for 12 years before working for the state), so, with the encouragement of my attorney husband, I went solo in March 2014 with a focus on family law (I had to sit out of licensing work for one year). I currently have a very busy practice with 60 active clients.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? I tried two other practice management systems and neither ever really clicked, or made me feel more efficient or organized. I am loving PracticePanther more and more! My paralegal has set up custom fields, numerous templates and we’re currently working on workflows. It is now giving me that organized, efficient feeling I was seeking all along!
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? The user-friendly interface, and the continual upgrades/updates.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? If your tech solution aren’t working for you, keep looking. I felt silly switching to PracticePanther after only a few months with the second software I tried. I’d read “learn the system you already have” but knew there was something better. I am so glad I made the switch, data migration headaches and all! Everyone works differently and there are now enough options for practice management that you should be able to find one that clicks for you and transforms your practice like PracticePanther has for me.
Follow Hawkins Law: