- Firm Name & Slogan: Hans Pfaffenberger Law PLLC, “Protecting Your Rights”
- Location: Louisville, Kentucky
- What does your firm do? I focus on criminal defense and the investigation of insurance claims and fraud on behalf of insurance companies, insurance employees, and policy holders.
- How did your firm start and how did it grow? After 11 years working for civil defense law firms, I opened my own practice at the beginning of October 2016, returning to the criminal defense practice I started with for my first three years as an attorney. My combination of criminal defense experience and fraud investigation experience puts me in the unique position to understand and defend clients accused of fraud as well as to offer extra insight to those involved in fraud investigations.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? I knew that I wanted a dependable and user-friendly billing and practice management system moving into solo practice. The civil firms I worked for had no practice management programs at all and relied solely on one’s own calendar and user-unfriendly billing programs. With Practice Panther, the integration of the calendar system with the billing is already a huge benefit. And the ability to generate attractive invoices with a couple of clicks and to email them with a link to LawPay lets me focus on working for my clients rather than devoting a large amount of time to administrative tasks.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? My favorite thing so far is how user-friendly time tracking is. I spent the past five years with the most user-unfriendly time tracking program that PracticePanther is a major relief and joy. However, I am looking forward to digging into features I have not had the opportunity to explore yet, such as document templates.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Technology is necessary to making you a more efficient attorney.
Follow Hans Pfaffenberger Law PLLC: