- Firm Name & Slogan: Grady Legal, PA Your affordable attorney who listens
- Location: Lighthouse Point, FL
- What does your firm do? Grady Legal, PA primarily handles commercial litigation with an emphasis on assisting South Florida’s small businesses. I also handle landlord-tenant matters and community association law.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? Ms. Grady began her career clerking for the Honorable Kim R. Gibson, currently in the Western District of Pennsylvania. There she learned the value of entering the courtroom prepared. After 16 years of working in firms covering everything from employment discrimination to insurance defense, Ms. Grady opened Grady Legal, PA in February 2016.Understanding that preparation and communication are the keys to being a successful lawyer, Grady Legal, PA delivers personalized attention to each client. Each client is involved in the developing sound legal strategy that fits their legal budget. By honest work and reaching expected results, Grady Legal, PA has grown by word of mouth referrals… the highest compliment an attorney can receive.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? Well, in trying to keep everything simple, everything became complicated. Being completely paperless, files were stored in one directory, time keeping and invoices was done by one software, while trust reconciliation was done by another. Opening a new matter required 4 separate steps to ensure the matter was opened across all platforms.Now, I can open a new matter and immediately have access to file documents, contact information, and trust amounts along with streamlined timekeeping and invoicing.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? The ability to customize matters to fit the needs of each client. Other software was a one size fits all mold, and none of my clients are like the other.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? The heart of what we do is to help our clients. Having efficient systems to manage information can only help us provide quality services. Spending time trying to manage the back office administrative duties only dilutes your product.