- Firm Name & Slogan: The Denby Law Office, P.C. – When everything matters.
- Location: 2 Summer Street, Suite 19, Natick, MA 01760
- What does your firm do? The Denby Law Office, P.C. represents clients in all areas of Domestic Relations Litigation. The firm focuses primarily on divorce and related family law issues, including property division, support, custody, paternity/parentage, prenuptial agreements, probate, equity matters, and domestic violence. Attorney Denby comes to the field of law, not only with an appreciation of how difficult and emotionally draining litigating a traditional domestic relations action can be, but also with an acute understanding of the many sensitive, unique, and complex issues that arise for LGBTQ individuals and families.
How did your firm start and how did it grow? Gabrielle L. Denby founded The Denby Law Office, P.C. in October 2015, and represents clients in all areas of Domestic Relations Litigation. Her practice focuses primarily on divorce and related family law issues. While Gabrielle is a trial attorney and zealously represents clients in litigating divorce, modification, contempt, custody, and paternity/parentage actions, she always aims to avoid unnecessary and costly litigation. Gabrielle is a strong advocate for alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and collaboration, and consequently, enters each case with the mindset of a negotiator so as to assist her clients in obtaining a settlement. Gabrielle provides superior legal service not only to traditional families but also to non-traditional families and the LGBTQ community. Gabrielle comes to the field of law, not only with an appreciation of how difficult and emotionally draining litigating a traditional domestic relations action can be, but also with an acute understanding of the many sensitive, unique, and complex issues that arise for LGBTQ individuals and families. As Gabrielle aims to maintain a practice that represents all types of families, she recognizes that many individuals are in critical need of legal assistance, but often cannot afford such representation. Consequently, Gabrielle is actively involved in the Family Law Project of the Massachusetts Women’s Bar Association, where she represents survivors of Domestic Violence on a pro bono basis. Gabrielle graduated Cum Laude from Mount Holyoke College (2008), holds a Masters in Political Science from the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, Syracuse University (2010), and received her Juris Doctor from Suffolk University Law School (2013). Gabrielle was admitted to the Massachusetts Bar in 2013. Gabrielle lives in Natick with her wife and two dogs. She is an active member of the community and is particularly involved in cancer education and self-advocacy. As a survivor herself, Gabrielle has and continues to work with several organizations both in a fundraising capacity and as a speaker and panelist.
- PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
· Greater Boston Family Law American Inn of Court· Massachusetts Bar Association· Massachusetts LGBTQ Bar Association· Women’s Bar Association of Massachusetts· America Bar Association
· National Association of Professional Women
· National Grid Corporate, Waltham, Massachusetts, September 22, 2015
· Staples Corporate, Framingham, Massachusetts, March 12, 2014
· The 15-40 Connection, Inc. Worcester, Massachusetts, September 29, 2013
· Sanofi Oncology, Bridgewater, New Jersey, March 21, 2013
· Genzyme Oncology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, March 6, 2013
· The 15-40 Connection, Inc. Worcester, Massachusetts, November 10, 2012
· Colon Cancer Coalition, Get Your Rear in Gear!, South Boston, Massachusetts, October 13, 2012
· The 15-40 Connection, Inc., Member of the Speaker’s Bureau, Westborough, Massachusetts, May 2012-Present
· Small Army for a Cause, Boston, Massachusetts, July 2012
· Colon Cancer Coalition, Get Your Rear in Gear!, South Boston, Massachusetts, October 2011-Present
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? I was lucky enough to have found PracticePanther since the inception of my firm. I read a lot of reviews relating to different legal case management systems and found PracticePanther to be the top preferred. From the first click I was hooked. PracticePanther has made my day to day legal case management a breeze. It is comprehensive and easy to learn and even easier to use. I know I have an experienced support team when I need them. I am able to get fast reliable help with any issues or questions that arise. I feel confident having all of my important case management information safely managed by PracticePanther.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? My favorite features about PracticePanther are:· The easy and efficient initial training process· The ability to sync my email and QuickBooks with PracticePanther quickly and easily· The invoicing and timekeeping features are accurate and easy to personalize form my firm’s use· The client matters folders can be personalized and organized to the way I like so each document is easy to access and use at the click of the mouse
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Having a comprehensive easy to use legal case management system is a must. Without it you will never be able to keep track of billing entries, calendar entries, tasks due, documents, invoices and so much more. Having a system like PracticePanther takes so much stress off of any lawyers who is trying to actually do legal work instead of administrative work.
- PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS