- Firm Name & Slogan: Chestnut Hill Legal – Focused on you.
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- What does your firm do? We provide top-notch legal services to clients in need of estate planning, small business, or personal injury representation.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? The seed was planted in law school when our Civil Procedure professor described the life of a solo practitioner as helping people through their biggest problems in life. My efforts have since focused on providing compassionate, competent representation to those in the Chestnut Hill neighborhood of Philadelphia, near where I grew up. The practice is still young but has since grown through focused marketing efforts and word-of-mouth.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? Before Practice Panther, I was using a different practice management solution which was dated and had a less polished interface for myself and for clients logging into their client portal. It was better than nothing, but the interface was clunky. Practice Panther offers a modern interface and secure tools for client communication, tasks, milestones and billing.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? Brand is very important to my practice. I like that I can customize the client portal to reflect my brand, and that I can ensure that clients interact with an attractive and easy-to-use interface.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Use modern tools. There are incredible tools out there, like PracticePanther, that can give you an edge on your competition, but more importantly that help your clients feel connected and engaged with their case. This makes achieving a positive result much more likely, and reduces the likelihood of fee disputes or other miscommunications. Don’t be afraid to change your workflow and experiment, even if it comes with an up-front cost of time or money; in my humble opinion, the lessons learned are worth it.