- Firm Name & Slogan: The Brunner Law Firm “Strong on Defense”
- Location: Round Rock, Texas
- What does your firm do? The Brunner Law Firm provides vigorous defense to people accused of a crime in Central Texas. Having experience as both a defense attorney and a former high-level prosecutor gives attorney Mark Brunner a special insight into successful defense strategies that he employs on behalf of his clients.
- How did your firm start and how did it grow? In 2005, after seven years of prosecution for the State of Texas, I decided to start my own criminal defense practice. After nearly of year of solo practice, I was recruited by a well-respected local criminal defense attorney and served with him until 2010, when I again went out on my own as The Brunner Law Firm. I crafted a reputation of excellence in all phases of criminal defense, including negotiations, investigations, and trials as I handled a growing number of cases throughout various Central Texas counties. In 2012 I was asked to become the new First Assistant District Attorney under the newly-elected local District Attorney, a position I held until mid -2016. The Brunner Law Firm is now back in business and I couldn’t be happier!
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? Before Practice Panther, we used different tracking spreadsheets to coordinate the various aspects of our law practice, and these spreadsheets did not link together. It was effective but not efficient and did not have any client interface. The information was all there, but it was laborious to access and update.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? Absolutely the Client Portal! The ability to have – with just their pertinent information so easily accessible – the integration of the necessary Client components in a sleek presentation is a huge improvement and adds to our ability to meet Client expectations about prompt notification, effortless payment acceptance, and secure document transferring. PracticePanther has an elegance of design and ease of use that we have found to be unmatched in other competing client management software packages.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Stay connected and networked. In a small firm or solo criminal defense practice, it is easy to adopt a “lone wolf” persona and get used to doing things for yourself. While this is admirable trait at times, know that the prosecutors will always be able to bring a team of attorneys, investigators, and experts to bear on your case with very little effort. It can feel like you (and your client) against the world sometimes, but if you stay connected with your peers you will find people who are happy to lend a helping hand with advice or even assistance in the courtroom. That being said, when someone asks for your help, even though they may be a competitor, pitch in a helping hand when you can. The Golden Rule applies among criminal defense attorneys just as it does in society at large.
Follow The Brunner Law Firm:
Law Practice Management Software
Latest posts by Law Practice Management Software (see all)
- Why a Client Portal Can Make or Break Your Legal Software - February 15, 2019
- The Family Law Software for Mac Users That Blends Form and Function - February 11, 2019
- Features that Set the Best Bankruptcy Software for Attorneys Apart - February 11, 2019