- Firm Name & Slogan: Batsche Law – The Law Simplified
- Location: San Antonio, Texas
- What does your firm do? Batsche Law is a brick and mortar and virtual law office that offers services in the areas of Wills, Estate Planning, Probate and Adoption. Our mission is to make the law simplified for our clients. We do this through education and advocacy.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? After a recent lay-off I had the option to find another firm or to begin my own practice. The opportunity to begin my own practice excited me. It allowed me a freedom that I desperately needed as a new mom and as one of those crazy millennials that want to have a positive impact on the world. I wanted to do things a bit differently and I decided I wanted to be a lawyer for millennial moms. I don’t think anything else in a law practice screams millennial like having a virtual law office. The virtual office offers flexibility to both my clients and myself.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? My office doesn’t know a day without Practice Panther! I wanted to start with my virtual law office component right from the start; that meant I needed an easy way for clients to access their files and I needed a streamed line way to organize all of my client files. So the short answer to your question is “We didn’t do anything before Practice Panther”.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? I love how I can login to Practice Panther and it takes care of just about everything I need for the day all in one spot, the integration with lawpay, box and quickbooks is extremely helpful. (On a side note, your support team rocks). I also love that it’s the platform that helps me to have a virtual law office which has allowed me to expand the area I practice. I can represent clients in estate planning all over Texas, I am not limited to the surrounding counties I can travel to.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Learn your family’s and law practice’s rhythms of work and rest. Recharge, go on vacation, retreat when it is time to rest and then when it is time to work you can allow your self to focus and roll up your sleeves to get to work. Most lawyers know how to work hard, but many fail to rest and recharge. It’s out of adequate rest that we perform our best at work. You will love yourself, your life and your career much more if you do.