- Firm Name & Slogan: Alder IP, Protecting Great Ideas
- Location: Suite 202 24 Thomas St Chatswood NSW 2067 Australia
- What does your firm do? Alder IP is fully service patent and trademark attorney practice based in Sydney, Australia. We are registered and endorsed by NSW Law Society and Professional Standards of Board for Patent/TM Attorneys. We are insured with Lawcover (NSW). We have been featured in the Top 1000 IP Laws Book published by IAM in 2014 and 2016. Also, Alder IP is the proud winner of a Client Choice Award 2015 for the best patent firm in Australia as voted by our clients and reported by Lexology. We also won Best Australian Patent Law as awarded by CorporateIntl (UK) in 2016.
- How did your firm start and how did it grow? Alder IP was founded by Anthony Alder. Anthony previously worked as inhouse legal and patent counsel for several leading Australian manufacturing and high tech companies including Resmed, Cochlear, and Ventracor. Anthony saw a great need for a law firm that could proactively help high tech businesses and companies flourish. Alder IP aims to help companies protect their great ideas and innovations by using various legal solutions including patents, trade marks and contracts. Alder IP staff come from a broad range of expertise including: medical devices, pharmaceutical, IT, computers, software, and more general engineering.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? Alder IP has been using a competing leading management software in Australia. However, the old system was built on a database from 2000 and was not compatible with mobile office setups. The old system also relies on a high level of IT management and the architecture was fragile at best. PracticePanther allows for improved freedom of our staff. We can use mobile offices and don’t need to worry about servers. PracticePanther helps our overall efficiency and reduces IT costs.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? My favorite feature is the ability to track invoices being viewed and paid by the clients. The system also sends automatic reminder for clients to pay.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? A good management system is paramount to running a legal practice. Investing in a system like PracticePanther improves client retention and allows everything in your practice to run smoothly.
Follow Alder IP: