- Firm Name & Slogan: Law Offices of Kira Rubel
- Location: California and Washington
- What does your firm do? Our law firm focuses on employment, consumer, and business litigation with special emphasis on supporting small businesses and entrepreneurs with transactional (and litigation prevention) support. We also offer estate planning services with a unique focus on families with children and/or small business owners. Our team takes special care in planning for these groups in a unique and holistic way. I am licensed to practice in California and Washington state.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? I founded my own law practice when I realized that the one-size fits all approach of my previous firms was not my style or preference. I was disenchanted with the practice of law as failing to serve those who needed help the most. By founding my own firm, I was able to take on clients with cases and matters that I perceived to be truly worthwhile, as well as take on pro bono cases as they came up. Although our firm has been through many iterations, the one theme that has been consistent is that our clients and their matters are valuable, and treated as such by every one of our team members. Originally, we focused exclusively on litigation, but over the years transitioned into other areas of practice such as corporate general counsel matters and estate planning. These two “new” areas of practice are simply a function of the type of law that I found most compelling because it provides practical and necessary legal help to a wider swath of clients. Being able to use my law degree to help someone form a business or plan for their elderly parents or children is incredibly satisfying.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? I kept track of clients and matters the old fashioned way, which required lots of detailed record keeping and duplication of efforts! I finally realized that my firm had grown significantly when I calculated the amount of time my office spent keeping track of clients, and ensuring all data was stored properly in each client file. It was shocking, to say the least!
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? I love the notes function, which I use every time I get on a call. Formerly, I would keep a handwritten journal to log my calls, which I would then put into each client file as necessary. Now, my notes are digitally organized by client. I also love the time tracker which I use in my litigation matters. I would be terrified to add up the amount of time I spent tracking my time previously. The ability to create and send form questionnaire’s through the app is also amazing, because it automatically populates in each client’s profile. This is a major time saver as well!
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? I am a big proponent of practicing what you love, which is why I found it necessary to form my own practice so many years ago. In serving the clients you love in areas of practice that you find interesting, you automatically come across as authentic and engaged…because you are! Oh, and get Practice Panther or you’ll waste a bunch of time inputting data to track your clients!
Follow Law Offices of Kira Rubel:
Social Media Pages:
Latest posts by Dorlene Pierre (see all)
- Law Firm Spotlight: Steinfeld & Steinfeld, P.C. - December 14, 2018
- Law Firm Marketing: How Your Law Firm Can Leverage Social Media - November 1, 2018
- Law Firm Marketing: Using SEO to Improve Your Law Firm’s Visibility - October 25, 2018