- Firm Name & Slogan: Cohoon Legal
- Location: Fort Worth, Texas
- What does your firm do? Cohoon Legal helps individuals and small business owners with their legal needs. We work to help our clients by partnering with them to explore the options they have and come up with the best solution for their situation.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? I started my firm to help a friend get a divorce, and I took on a few clients those first few months but continued my fulltime job as an Attorney for the US SBA. My husband and I decided that I needed to give my firm a chance. I began working it fulltime on September 1, 2018, just about one year after I started it and it was steady at first, but after the end of the second month it picked up dramatically. That is about the time I felt the huge need for a case management system because I had added about 15 new clients in 10 days. I was slammed with work, and I am grateful that the new clients continue to call. I add about 2-5 new clients a week for the last few weeks. I have hired a parttime admin person for just a few hours a week, and I added an unpaid intern to help with the research and some drafting.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? I have paper and electronic files, but I tried to get them added to a spreadsheet but it wasn’t helpful and not the solution I needed. Once I got past about 10 clients (4-5 active), I was feeling overwhelmed and needed something that worked with the other programs I use.PP has been great, it works with Law Pay and putting together an invoice is simple and fast. Before I would put it together in Paypal and then have to record the transaction. PP is a great tool and it makes the admin part of my day smoother and more efficient. I have more time to do legal work and bill my time.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? Time tracking and invoicing
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Make friends with other attorneys if you are a solo or at a small firm. I am a part of a few FaceBook lawyer groups, and the sharing of ideas and help has been tremendous. I have reached out to some of the attorneys and connected for face-to-face meetings and the friends I have made and the encouragement is invaluable.
Follow Cohoon Legal:
Social Media Pages:
Law Practice Management Software
Latest posts by Law Practice Management Software (see all)
- Business Law: How to Become a Mergers and Acquisitions Lawyer - March 12, 2019
- PracticePanther and Record Grabber Announce Integration Partnership - March 6, 2019
- A Consolidated List of Proper Deposition Objections - March 5, 2019