- Firm Name & Slogan: Ashling Soares Law
- Location: Fairfield, CT
- What does your firm do? Criminal defense, education law, DCF matters, and employment law.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? Ashling Soares is a graduate of the University of Miami School of law, cum laude, and is admitted to practice in Connecticut, New York, and Florida. Ashling earned her B.A. in Sociology from Boston College, where she interned at a private criminal defense law firm. During law school, Ashling worked in the University of Miami’s Children and Youth Law Clinic, where she represented current and former foster care youth independence, health care, mental health, disability, independent living, education, immigration and other general civil legal matters. Ashling also gained extensive litigation experience while interning at both the Miami Public Defender’s Office and the Broward Public Defender’s Office.
After law school, Ashling worked as an Assistant Public Defender at the Broward Public Defender’s Office for three years, where she represented low-income clients in a wide range of criminal cases, ranging from misdemeanors to serious felonies. After relocating to Connecticut, Ashling worked as an Agency Attorney for the Administration for Children’s Services in New York City, where she prosecuted child abuse and neglect cases in family court.
After leaving ACS, Ashling began working in private practice. Using the skills and experience she had gained as a public defender and ACS attorney, Ashling expanded her practice areas to include, in addition to criminal law and family law, education law, employment law, litigation, and estate planning. Ashling has shared her acquired expertise in education law while teaching a legal seminar on special education, through the National Business Institute. Ashling lives in Fairfield, Connecticut, with her husband, Anderson, and their daughter, Ava.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? PracticePanther has helped to improve the efficiency of my practice, so that I am able to spend more time with clients, and less time performing administrative tasks.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? I love its user-friendly interface, whether I am using it from my computer or my smartphone.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Use technology to your advantage – it is the biggest time-saver!
Follow Ashling Soares Law:
Social Media Pages:
Latest posts by Dorlene Pierre (see all)
- Law Firm Spotlight: Steinfeld & Steinfeld, P.C. - December 14, 2018
- Law Firm Marketing: How Your Law Firm Can Leverage Social Media - November 1, 2018
- Law Firm Marketing: Using SEO to Improve Your Law Firm’s Visibility - October 25, 2018