- Firm Name & Slogan: The Leopoldus Professional Corporation “Lawyers protecting the assets, reputations, and transactions of area businesses and athletes.”
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- What does your firm do? We help Southern California’s top entrepreneurs and businesses implement strong legal strategies to provide our clients the best return on their investment and protect athletes and other high-net-worth individuals from having their assets, reputations, and well-being threatened during and after their careers.
- How did your firm start and how did it grow? We started in 2015 based on my desire to help athletes break the mold of the worn-out story of athletes going broke. After I ended my career as a professional baseball player, I decided it was time to keep players safe rather than calling them out. As I began working with athletes, I found the issues related to their lives were similar to entertainers and other high-net-worth individuals. As I built this practice, I began doing the legal work for many of my client’s businesses, and as an entrepreneur at heart, I developed my transactional business practice as well.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? I used a different legal practice software, but it was cumbersome and I dreaded using it. I strive to streamline my practice as much as possible so that I can be more responsive to my clients and be able to dedicate more time to their needs rather than managing the back end of the business of running a law firm. Practice Panther has been a tremendous help to my firm because it has made time entries intuitive, allowed my firm to share files directly with clients n a secure client portal, and allows me to evaluate the financial metrics easily.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? I love Practice Panther because of it’s intuitive design and ease of use. Even when I get sidetracked, I can easily jump back into what I was doing before and know what needs to be done.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Get to know as many people who work with your clients as possible. Not only are these people great referral sources, but they can be allies when you have a problem you may not be able to solve on your own. By having a network of professionals who understand your clients from different perspectives will help you manage your client’s needs better than you could ever do on your own.