- Firm Name & Slogan:
- Location: Edmonds, Washington
- What does your firm do? We provide efficient, complex legal planning and transactional services for businesses and individuals in the realm of Business, Real Estate, Estate Planning, and Probate.
- How did your firm start and how did it grow? I got in to practice because I wanted to help people protect what they have worked for. I have seen family friends lose everything because they did not plan well or have good protections in place, so I wanted to put myself in a position to prevent such tragedies. With my business and accounting background, advising on business and estate planning transactions seemed like a logical fit, and I always knew I wanted my own business. I set out on my own about a year ago, and I have steadily grown by putting in a good deal of sweat equity, networking like a madman, and investing in technology solutions that help to make me more efficient and organized.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? Previously, I used a few different piecemeal solutions to run my practice. The practice management software I used was robust, but not intuitive and did not provide the quality I was looking for across the board. I had to use separate programs for my billing, CRM, reference an outside calendar, and use an external tasking platform just because it was all so disjointed in my prior software. PracticePanther has helped change that by providing all of the above in an intuitive and beautiful platform, which has increased my efficiency and decreased some of my frustrations.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? My favorite thing about PracticePanther by far is the intuitive interface. I don’t think you can overstate how important ease of use is in technology when it comes to platforms for legal professionals. Most of us are not well versed in business managment software or in IT, so providing something that looks nice and professional while still offering a robust array of features that are easy to access and understand has immense value.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? If I could give advice to other small and solo practitioners, I would hammer home the value of learning how to manage and run your business. Poor business management can lead to inefficiencies everywhere, which can result in a great deal of wasted time. As we know better than just about any other industry, time = money. If you can figure out ways to become more efficient, you allow yourself more time to focus on building your business, bettering yourself as a professional, and providing the best service possible to your clients.
Follow The Law Office of Ross D. Gardner, Esq:
Law Practice Management Software
Latest posts by Law Practice Management Software (see all)
- Why a Client Portal Can Make or Break Your Legal Software - February 15, 2019
- The Family Law Software for Mac Users That Blends Form and Function - February 11, 2019
- Features that Set the Best Bankruptcy Software for Attorneys Apart - February 11, 2019