- Firm Name & Slogan: TEAMBACKGROUND
- Location: Sardis, Mississippi.
- What does your firm do? We are a background screening agency with a specialty in criminal expunctions. We do have a law firm which handles all of our clients legal procedures. We also screen and research drivers histories, which sometimes are revoked, suspended or other; the client hires us to find the problem(s) and sometimes guide them through the process to correct it.
- How did your firm start and how did it grow? TeamBackground grew out of a necessity for individuals that needed more than a background screening to get a job, a federal loan or go to trucking driving school; they needed someone to walk them through the expungement process so as to have a a better chance to these things in life and more. This is a family owned agency with members in criminal justice, in the military and in sales and marketing. Our public service spans over 45 years collectively and there is no greater joy to us than to see and hear the difference we have made in our client’s life.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? PracticePanther falls between investigative software and business software which fits our needs at the moment. We have set fees, but occasionally we have to bill on a time basis and PracticePanther allows this in writing and also on a billiable graph. We tried several CRMs but ultimately, PracticePanther and their speedy customer service won out.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? PracticePanther task feature which allows you to mark it as complete is one of our favorites along with the ability to customize data entry.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? The best advice we offer for anyone wishing to join in on this sort of specialty is do not over promise, know federal/state laws as they pertain to background screening and expunctions ( so far we do Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas and Illinois ), interpret the background screenings truthfully, do not over charge and have a good reasonably priced law firm available.
Law Practice Management Software
Latest posts by Law Practice Management Software (see all)
- Why a Client Portal Can Make or Break Your Legal Software - February 15, 2019
- The Family Law Software for Mac Users That Blends Form and Function - February 11, 2019
- Features that Set the Best Bankruptcy Software for Attorneys Apart - February 11, 2019