- Firm Name & Slogan: Soul Legal “Service with Heart and Soul”
- Location: Perth, Western Australia
- What does your firm do? Soul Legal offers comprehensive legal advice, counsel, and representation for the sick and injured. If you have suffered from an accident or disability and are entitled to financial compensation, we can offer you the best representation. We have a reputation for down to earth client care and empathy, whilst representing with tenacity, boasting case success track record against the opposition, achieving exceptional results for our clients. We have been practicing law the way it should be practiced since 1991.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? SOUL LEGAL was born out of Sorgiovanni Legal, formed in the beginning of the 21 century to help injured Local Government Council workers who were members of the LGRCEU (Est. 1903). Originally based in Rockingham, then Baldavis, and through premises shared with the Union in Northbridge, and South Perth, Rebecca Sorgiovanni’s fame for providing caring, down to earth personalized legal representation for the sick and injured spread far and wide. The firm expanded accepting non-union clients, with an ever-increasing referral base of satisfied clients who have been cared for. Never satisfied with the level of care and legal expertise dedicated to the interest of each of her clients, and knowing the limits a single person can do to provide the same personalized care to each client, the search began for someone who shared her ethos of putting her client’s interests first, something which is difficult to achieve working in a profit-centered large legal practice. In 2018, Kevin Wong, formerly Partner at Friedman Lurie Singh and D’Angelo, with 27 years of personal injury experience, answered the call, and joined her, forming the firm, Soul Legal.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? As the team grew, we adapted from saving files on our own computers to a central server. Emails were saved on an ad hoc basis. Where the file had been worked on by several staff members, to get a proper update on where a matter was at, we would have to check the physical file, check the server, the main email account and calendar stored by Gmail, and if possible have a yell across the office for an update. Even then, we could never be confident that everything could be accounted for.
Upon the launch of Soul Legal in 2018, we knew that there must be a better way of doing things. We set to build the best Personal Injury Law Practice in the West (of Australia), and after much research concluded that Practice Panther was the vehicle that would take us there.
Everything is efficient and streamed lined. With the secure Client Portal, our clients can be assured of the confidentiality of their matters. We have been able to cost effectively harness the best assets and resources from each team member through their contribution to the matter at hand, and at the same time seamlessly consolidate all our efforts together within Practice Panther. Phone calls, emails, file notes are so easily picked up and stored to the client matter, and looking up where we are at, at any given time is a breeze. Through Workflows, the plan is mapped, diarised, and tasked months ahead of time, and we find ourselves having the upper hand in directing the course of litigation.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? Customer Service! Practice Panther allows us to delegate work, and work as a team. Any team member can dial into Practice Panther and be immediately updated on where the matter is at. The Activities tab is so well and thoughtfully set out. Finding information and having it all at our finger tips at any given moment is a confidence booster. Gone are the days trawling through paperwork wondering if something was missed.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Have a go with Practice Panther – you’ll never look back.