- Firm Name & Slogan: Piotrowski Law
- Location: Miami, Florida
- What does your firm do? Piotrowski Law is a boutique Criminal Defense law practice with offices in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and West Palm Beach. We cater to criminal defense clients at the state level throughout Florida and nationwide at the federal level on a case by case basis. We handle all criminal cases ranging from Marijuana Possession to Murder and represent first time offenders as well as clients facing career criminal designations and enhanced sentences.
- What is the story about your law firm? I was a prosecutor in Miami-Dade County from 2006-2010. In 2010, I formed Piotrowski Law in Miami, Florida. In 2018, we opened offices in Broward County and Palm Beach County.
- What were some of the challenges after starting your firm? We were lucky because we found early success. Every year has been better than the last and we’ve grown exponentially. We took big risks with our marketing budget. Without risk there is no reward.
- What role has technology played in launching and growing your firm? Technology is an integral part of my practice. I utilize platforms like Practice Panther and Lexicata to streamline the day to day operations of my firm. Marketing has played a huge role in expanding my practice. We’re firing on all cylinders here and all the pieces have fallen into place. We couldn’t have expanded into two new markets without a great marketing team behind us.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? I think there is a trial and error that all lawyers experience. It’s often a frustrating experience working with SEO and PPC firms. Lawyers spend a lot of money and never see results and most give up before they ever figure it out. I spent years and thousands of dollars trying to find a firm that could properly handle my online presence and I’m happy that I never gave up. An online presence is an integral part of generating new business. Old school referrals and word of mouth are still a healthy chunk of my practice, but if you want to make it in an overly saturated market you need to be online where people are looking.